Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked this up from the FFL today. M24, Bohler-stahl stepped. Was advertised as an M91/30 with "Odd Barrel Markings." Bore is awesome, appears to have some sort of old damage on the barrel shank. Also has the early swivel on the magazine body.

Question: What's with the nuts on the sling swivel screws? They appear to have been on there for quite some time, I hadn't planned on messing with them, was just curious.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,545 Posts
Good purchase. Seller clearly didn't know what he had.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I just got a little more excited about this one! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Very, very nice score, and it's an antique!!!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,546 Posts
Just had eye surgery and my vision is tricky. From what I see you got a real nice one regardless whether you got it cheap or not. I had to go look at my sn#24838, had to use my "readers". With your serial number I think it is #24334. Those darn 3s look a lot like 8s sometimes. Great rifle. I get excited by numbers, but I think it a false alarm. Took me a long time to find one I wanted and I would of jumped on your rifle too. To me it has all the right stuff to make me "have to have it". Again congrats. Regards, John.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
The S.A. stamp looks strange ? Is the S correct ?
[SA] doesn't look out of the ordinary. Perhaps a very weak or mis struck edge, before it was stamped hard. The Civil Guard logo on the barrel shank is correct for Bohler Stahl. It is solid indented "S", opposed to an outlined "S" on the SIG M24s. Here are three different M24 examples. Two BS, and one SIG logo to see the difference. The BS examples look like there was a gouge in the stamp in the bottom part of the "S". Also note the slightly different shape of the shields.

BS

SIG

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Oh haha! Sorry. The SA mark still doesn't look off to me. I reviewed some other SA marks on some of my other Mosins, some look just like the one on the OP's M24. Some a bit different, but no doubt they have been to Finland and marked accordingly.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
The OP's rifle looks like mine too, but I do understand why people looked carefully at the SA stamp. Looks what has invaded Fleabay from Poland now:

Hand Finger Technology Metal
Finger Metal Coin Hand Silver
Finger Metal Hand Automotive wheel system Wheel

There is only one purpose for these stamps and we all know what it is. The same crook seller has Waffenamts, etc. I have tried reporting the guy to no avail. The don't allow fake Rolexes, so why should they allow these?

Disgusting.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input and kind words guys. Really happy to have this one. I paid roughly what two refurb 91/30s are selling for from Cabelas right now. Certainly not a super awesome deal, but I'm happy with it, especially being an antique.

(For clarification, the Cabelas here in Columbus has 91/30s for $170, or at least they were a couple weeks ago.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.