Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not a gun this time :)

A Volvo 1315B Ambulance...delivered direct from the Air base in Ronneby. All expenses paid by the Swedish Defence.

42000 km on the meter and in a very good condition.....it has all the medical equipment also :)

//Anders

·
Copper Bullet member
403 Posts
Way cool, Anders. Looks like an excellent party-mobile....uhh, I mean addition to your gun club!!

It always baffles me why they would design a tactical, camoflaged Army vehicle and then put flashing lights on the top???? Why not just paint it orange in battle?

Another comment. I like how they trust you to park a military vehicle in a civilian neighborhood. If someone did that here, all the state militias would be grouping for "end of days".

metzgeri

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There looks like another interesting vehicle parked in front of the ambulance.
My buddys TGB 11......I have a TGB 11 also.....

Second TGB 11 in the pic is mine.

//Anders

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Is that a M14 leaned up against the TGB 11?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buddys M14 against his car....my FN FAL against my car :)

//Anders

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So , these are free to civilians , but you maintain them . Can they be recalled in an emergency ?
All military material come free of charge to Volonteer defence organisations. Our gun club is a member of the FSR that's why we get the material.

No, all material are considered gifts and can't be called back....that is if we don't break the contract by for an example selling the material. The only thing we can do if we don't want it more is to scrap it.

//Anders

//Anders

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does the Swedish government regularly surplus the TGB 11's?

Some of them apparently get out of Sweden, somehow. I see there's a place in Germany that sells overhauled ones internationally.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday we got word from the Swedish defence......

We get more TGB's, more Jeep J20's, Chevrolet S10 truck and among other things.....this:

Tugboat 2 (used by the engineers to tow bridges and such). Comes complete with trailer.

6 cylinder Deutz diesel engine, steel hull and totaly cool :)

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,206 Posts
No doubt that is a really neat tug boat . Looks like it can double as an ice breaker . That would make a great dive boat !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Are those rod holders on the bow?;) Could any of you (yanks) imagine the US gvmt GIVING anything like these vehicles to the public?!!
Heads would roll.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, those are exellent additions to your shooting club. Now if you ever have an injury on the firing line, like Ljungman thumb, you can treat the injury right there. I also noticed the left front and right rear tires are mounted backwards. When a directional tire is mounted backwards the cleats won't clean themselves in thick mud...Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
. I also noticed the left front and right rear tires are mounted backwards. When a directional tire is mounted backwards the cleats won't clean themselves in thick mud...Jim
No, the tires are mounted correctly by " the book".

There are two different tires in service...Good Year and Trelleborg. The Good Year has the "arrow" pattern. The Good Year tires are mounted differently depending on axle, front or rear.

The Trelleborg has a different pattern and can only be mounted any way you want.

I have Trelleborgs on the front axle on my TGB 11 and on the front and most rear axle on the ambulance. The middle axle on the ambulance has Good Year tires.

Will swap the Good Year tires for Trelleborgs when I have the time.....much better tires.

//Anders

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
That is so cool, it's beyond words. It came with everything too! Amazing...
usrifle

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 1315B Ambulance is now registred with civilian license plates.

Actually I managed to register it as an ambulance but I'm not allowed to use the blue lights or the siren :-(

In 2-4 weeks I'll be getting my new Jeep J20......according to the guys at the motor depot it's in excellent condition with zero rust...can't wait :)

//Anders

Ps. The 1315B is ready for action......have everything that is needed in an Ambulance.....maybe I can do some freelance work :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts