Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a successful day at the gun show today and picked up my third M28, my second SIG M28. I like this one. Matching buttplate, and not a post war refurb; the bolt not matching is it's only major drawback IMO.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
2,103 Posts
Really nice rifle! It's got (to me) the perfect combination of use, but yet good condition. Love it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,734 Posts
I have to agree with wrench - that is what a Finn rifle should look like, the perfect combination of use and condition !

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It's kinda funny, usually I just get a lot of funny looks from non-Finnish or non-Mosin collectors when I talk about how nice I think a worn rifle is (or when I said that I think this M28 is in really good shape). They would probably go crazy if I said I think wear can be a plus, and then I'd get those value books shoved in my face 'proving' haw is is ALL about condition! Of course they just are not as enlightened as we are!:laugh:

It certainly keeps the prices down for the non-post war refurbish items due to a smaller pool of buyers, and I get less funny looks when I mention how few of some were made or likely exist in the US.

What matters to me in collecting is level of originality to certain periods (mainly including the features present on the item, but can include condition) and then rarity. Being a stickler for excellent condition just seems like an artificial hurdle that would result in my collection being more homogenous and boring. I'm sure many of you would agree.

ETA: here are my other two M28's. I think this new M28 is a good addition to help round out my collection of them some what (I still need to find that elusive double slotted stock variant though!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one with the two tone stock just slays me:grin:
I have it's twin in an M91...
Nice. I think the contrast of the dark brown older wood with the striped orange spliced on fore end is pretty cool looking on these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts