Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here are some pictures of the other Astra 400 holster I picked up recently. This one came along with an original spare magazine and cleaning rod and a really nice Nationalist Astra 400 I'll be picking up tomorrow (so stay tuned for pics).

Anyway, here is the holster which originally was brown (during its life pre- and during the Spanish Civil war) and was subsequently dyed black to conform to the winning sides dictates.

Interestingly, the inside of the flap does have a black ink stamp though it is a challenge to read exactly what it says.

It looks like two letter M's and then perhaps one or two numerals. Can anyone with better eyes than mine make them out?

Tim

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice holster - wish I had more of these earlier ones!
Thanks Bob. I am going to pair this holster with the R.E. Astra and use the other holster I posted photos of for the Nationalist Astra I picked up. Unlike this one, the other holster has a little more of a "spit-n-polish" appearance to it which I thik would be more in keeping with the general impression I have of the Nationalist forces during the SCW.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts