Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock disc is interesting, do you think the rear of the stock is from another earlier rifle or did they disc 91/30s?
The rear of the stock is Finn made as evidenced by the maker stamp to the right of the disc cutout. To my knowledge, only Finnish built complete rifles had the unit discs, not capture weapons, or at least none I've never seen before. I think the rear portion was from another rifle when it was salvaged to repair this capture piece. I could be wrong though, and am hoping others with more expertise on Finn rifles will chime on on this.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Denny, this is ALL your fault. I got back into Finn rifles with that 41 marked example I got from you a while ago (last year maybe?) - Now I've got 4 1939 dated Finn captures, 3 Izhevsk and one Tula, plus 2 1941 Izhevsk rifles. I'm going to put together a "group photo" montage and post them in a separate thread sometime this week.

·
Diamond Member
7,625 Posts
Denny, this is ALL your fault. I got back into Finn rifles with that 41 marked example I got from you a while ago (last year maybe?) - Now I've got 4 1939 dated Finn captures, 3 Izhevsk and one Tula, plus 2 1941 Izhevsk rifles. I'm going to put together a "group photo" montage and post them in a separate thread sometime this week.
Time flies.....I think it was a decade ago or so. Another nice one with that cool stock, '41 stamped, and the copper rivets are always a nice touch. I don't recall seeing any captured 91-30s that had stock disks that were Army issued.......doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think your stock was repurposed with an old M91 Army stock piece. As a side note.....I always liked the way that '39 Izhevsk shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.