1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,744 Posts
Nice! 👍

·
Gold Bullet member
12,744 Posts
I personally I stay away from snipers for the same reason I don't own a M97 Trench gun, even though I really want one.
Twenty some years ago as the Mosin re-sniper craze was building steam I posted time and again that the inevitable result of creating fake PU snipers was going to the difficulty that less experienced collectors would face, especially collectors in the future, discerning good from bad, authentic from fake.

You didn’t have to have the powers of Nostradamus to see that this whole exercise of playing pretend was going to end badly.

Reactions: Dallased

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
I agree with Metalcruncher...I would love to see a list to accompany the photo!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Twenty some years ago as the Mosin re-sniper craze was building steam I posted time and again that the inevitable result of creating fake PU snipers was going to the difficulty that less experienced collectors would face, especially collectors in the future, discerning good from bad, authentic from fake.

You didn’t have to have the powers of Nostradamus to see that this whole exercise of playing pretend was going to end badly.
The movies that came out certainly didn't help the sniper craze either. Just wait and see what happens when they make a new movie on the Winter, and Continuation War. It's gotta be coming!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice collection, what are the specifics on each of them?
Left to right:
1944 Izhevsk Tulsky Import Sniper. Serial number: AГ 7111
1944 Izhevsk Tulsky Import Sniper. Serial number: AГ 8544
1934 Tikka M27 with a 1917 tang.
1944 Tikka Round Receiver. Can't recall the tang date (my first mosin)
1925 Izhevsk with a 1925 tang.
1946 Izhevsk M44.

I really need to get a Tula manufactured mosin ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts