Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My beautiful little granddaughter, Cadence, passed away yesterday morning at her home in Lakeland of respiratory failure caused by complications with neurofibramatosis. She was 8 years old and she loved being with her grandpa. It is always difficult when someone close to you dies, but it is especially tough when that someone is a child. She was one brave little kid who went through countless surgeries and procedures at All Children's Hospital in St. Pete Florida, yet she took them all in stride and always tried to comfort the adults next to her. Words cannot describe how much she is missed.
7x57guy

·
Gold Bullet member
12,851 Posts
So very sorry for you and your family.

·
Silver Bullet Member
804 Posts
Wow! I can feel your pain on several levels, first and foremost as a Grandfather myself. I'm not sure how I would handle this if I were in your shoes. Secondly as a teacher, who's wife is also a teacher, our love for children goes without saying. And finally as a fellow Floridian who live only a short distance from you. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this time of tremendous loss. May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you in your time of need.

·
Gold Bullet Member
701 Posts
OMG! i can't even come near to knowing what you all are going though. i would loose my grip if something like happen to my kids or my grandkids...
we are prepared to bury our parents and grandparents. but no one is EVER prepared to out live their children

we know she is in Gods hands..

But it is her parents and grandparents that will need his help..
God Bless you all..
i am so very sorry..
Pete

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Kids are supposed to bury us and when we have to bury them it makes a totally horrible situation. My heart goes out to you and yours, you are in my prayers. I have only gone through this once in my life with a friend's child and I pray I never have to go through it again before I go. May her sweet little memories come over you and give you peace. Bill

·
Gold Bullet member
12,851 Posts
7x57guy:

Since reading your horribly sad post last night, I have felt compelled to return to say something, anything of substance, to convey how sorry I am for your loss. The simple platitudes that we share in times like this seem shockingly hollow, but there's so little else that can be said. As you mentioned, and as no doubt stated countless times over the course of man's existence, there are simply no words that can adequately convey the depth of sadness that people experience in such times.

I don't know you, we will never meet, but we share this wonderfully joyous, tragic, human condition, where beautiful children like your granddaughter Cadence can smile a gap toothed smile with such boundless happiness and innocence and where upon her passing her family, and even strangers a world away, experience a sense of such profound loss, that no human language, indeed no human mind, can begin to explain how such beauty and innocence is brought into the world. And why it is taken away so quickly.

Things like this should not happen and I am so very, very sorry for Cadence, for you and for everyone who has lost a loved one, that they do. I truly hope that you can find some degree of solace in the wonderful memories of the times you shared with this beautiful child and I thank you for making us aware of her special life so that we can be reminded of what really matters in a world that defies explanation...the smiles and happiness of innocent children and those who loved them.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,542 Posts
Kids are supposed to bury us and when we have to bury them it makes a totally horrible situation. My heart goes out to you and yours, you are in my prayers. I have only gone through this once in my life with a friend's child and I pray I never have to go through it again before I go. May her sweet little memories come over you and give you peace. Bill
Well said Bill. My prayers go out to your family 7x57guy. I hope you find Peace in your memories of her happiness and courage.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
I'm sorry and I can't imagine your pain....with 2 grandkids, 9 and 6 of my own....well, I cry with you, brother. Angels are happy since they have a new friend that is not suffering.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
29,081 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. Unimaginable. May God bless and comfort you and the family.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,453 Posts
may God share in the joy of your granddaughters smile giving many in heaven the prayers to comfort you till we all meet at his table! amen dk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, I'm praying for you and your family in your time of sadness.
:(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.