Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went with my girlfriend to a family function last weekend and to my surprise, her father had called me back into the family room. i walked in, and he was holding a sportered T-99 rifle. it wasnt too badly cut up (only the stock), and it was all matching but ground. it was a series 25 with a SN in the 3000 range. it had a long ladder rear sight, and front sight without guards. all in all, i think it could be easily restored, but i was just curious how hard are these ladder type rear sights on series 25 rifles? i know they ended very early in the 25th series, but i have never seen one for sale. anyone know?

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think its a rare variation. but then again, i only reserve the word rare for items like nagoya 12th series, mukden 45th series, E use rifles, etc. i am sure this is an uncommon variation, but like i said...i have never seen another one for sale.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,409 Posts
I dont see many, but they do run up to somewhere around 19500. I seem to see them in clumps. I think the small recoil lug ends in the 8k range and large recoil lug from there on, with some overlap I believe. Being most likely an earlier small recoil lug rifle the number of possible donor stocks grows significantly as these are simply a continuation of the later 24th series configuration.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are exactly right Mike. i have a spare stock set to restore the rifle. i think it is a really cool variation, especially with the small recoil lug, and ladder sight in the 25th series.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Another variation that is 'nice' to have; like I say all Japanese rifles are different- even if it is only the serial number.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts