Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share. I have pretty much jumped off the Mosin-Nagant train and onto the K98k train. Here is what I have, I hope you like.

1940 Gustloff, RC but no "X." The previous owner swapped the stock for another RC but it has very nice markings. Its an early laminate with flat buttplate. Great bore.
1941 Steyr, RC and a very small x. It is in a beautiful, early walnut stock with great markings. Great bore.
1943 Gustloff, RC with a very distinct "X." It appears to have many subcontracted parts like a Gustloff would. Looks pretty correct.
1943 Mauser Oberndorf, "bolt mismatch" with original era sling, rod and hood. A solid representation with a cool SN. The best of my collection.

I stayed away from German stuff due to the typically high cost or high amount of fakes/misrepresentations out there. I'm pretty happy with what I have all at pretty good values.

Any thoughts or input is certainly appreciated. I hope you like them. I have many more photos if people have questions, just a few to show the collection so far.

Thanks for listening.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Very nice. I like the hi power. That yugo bayonet doesn't fit in well.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. I like the hi power. That yugo bayonet doesn't fit in well.
The Hi Power is one of my favorite. This one has clear Lexan grips added by a GI I'm sure. I am awaiting my 2nd Hi Power, an early 41 tangent version, that also has "GI" grips. The Luger is totally chewed up, chromed, then unchromed, markings mostly gone. The P.38 is pristine and with came with the holster. A friends Grandfather's bringback (no paperwork of course, but I believe him).

You caught that Yugo huh?! LOL. It came with one of the rifles figured what the heck, throw it in.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Very nice collection. Your correct, collecting all matching K98's is expensive and challenging in this "Humper" environment. If one is not a expert collector best to stay away and look for nice RC's and BMM rifles. That's what Iv'e done (more or less) with k98's.

HDH.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
same here, the closest matching examples are two - one with a bolt mm and replaced barrel. Another one with everything matching on a German re-arsenal minus the stock and the rear sight.

425 in the first one, and 500 + stock on the second. Nothing that breaks the bank. Its the all matching ones that you have to be careful, because there is many out there that are humped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.