Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short,my buddy says he dropped it,.380 IJ-70,and tells me i need to get a new firing pin,but he still has the safety and he is nowhere to be found!!! my question is,besides the firing pin and safety what else would i need to put it back together? kind of new to all this so bare with me...

thanks,

adam.

BTW,yes i looked at makarov.com but wasn't sure exactly which pieces i would need to order.

·
Super Moderator
6,169 Posts
adam,

Welcome to the forum. I've gotta say, your post hits the funny bone. Your friend dropped your pistol and split?? How the heck did dropping the pistol loosen the safety to the point where the firing pin dissapeared? Now that's unlikely.

Well - you may need the parts he describes if he's not giving them back to you.

The firing pin and safety should be all you need and they can be purchased quickly from Makarov.com. There are only those two parts - no springs, etc - involved with the safety and firing pin. That's one of the great advantages of the Makarov pistol.

Good luck, and post if you need directions on installation etc.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Sounds more like your friend pulled the thing apart and lost the firing pin and safety.I can't imagine how he could have 'lost' those parts by dropping it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,177 Posts
Some friend! Once you get the missing parts safely returned, I'd suggest stoutly smacking him in the back of the head while he is not looking. A small potato inside a sock works well. Dump him in an alley on the questionable side of town after dumping a bottle of cheap gin on him before he regains consciousness. Place an anonymous call to the local PD about a drunk in an alley, but if he thinks you're a true friend, he may call YOU for bail. Plan on being broke until next paycheck;)

Be sure to keep any jewelery of value that he may have, since he wouldn't have it anyway when you see him next:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

i thought i only needed the firing pin and safety and i think im pretty sure how to put it back together,but if i need help i 'll be sure to ask.i appreciate the help guys,and yes,thumping him in the head sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yup...sounds like he's feeding you a line. He played 'gunsmith' and screwed up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i thought i only needed the firing pin and safety and i think im pretty sure how to put it back together,but if i need help i 'll be sure to ask.i appreciate the help guys,and yes,thumping him in the head sounds good to me!
Adam,

If you have any trouble locating parts, drop me a line. I'm sure I've got a spare or two laying around.

LD

·
Registered
4 Posts
safety with detent spring

hey chief,

i ordered from makarov.com and the safety comes with a detent spring,so i assume this is the spring that someone posted about,am i right?

thanks.

BTW, there's no way he could of dropped it in the grass and he said it must have hit a rock in the grass and broke apart.sorry but the safety has to be turned all the way around to come off,am i right?

·
Super Moderator
6,169 Posts
Don't be worrying about that detent spring on the safety. It takes some heroic measures to dislodge.

You rotate the safety 270 degrees to re-seat. It's no problem, trust a complete bonehead (me) - it is easy to install.

·
Registered
306 Posts
There's no way he could of dropped it in the grass and he said it must have hit a rock in the grass and broke apart.sorry but the safety has to be turned all the way around to come off,am i right?
You are definitely right.

However, your friend is certainly a believer in fairy tales. So next time he loses a tooth while eating cheeseburgers, be sure to leave him a quarter under the pillow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep...

So I vote for some pointy fishing weights to go into aforementioned sock to the noggin.

You have to TRY removing that safety on all three of mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts