Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name of this rifle, by whom and where was it made?

Good luck (smile)!

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,120 Posts
What is the name of this rifle, by whom and where was it made?

Good luck (smile)!
It seems to be m/07 carbine, made by Ishevsk.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
It's not the uulani carbine,

Looking at the rear sight and to stock without crossbolt It seems that it was made before the 1908;

maybe the rare carbine made for the gendarmerie?( I don't know if the "gendarmerie" word is correct for the English language, but in Italian, German, French I think so.)

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the uulani carbine,

Looking at the rear sight and to stock without crossbolt It seems that it was made before the 1908;

maybe the rare carbine made for the gendarmerie?( I don't know if the "gendarmerie" word is correct for the English language, but in Italian, German, French I think so.)
alb87

Very good, the first part of the question is answered!!!!! It is a Gendarmery Carbine. Who made it and where?

Regards

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I think that the first gendarmerie carbine was made in the mid of '90s and a second tipe was made in 1907.
I don't know if the secont type used a similar rear sight to the 1907 carbine, but this one seems to be an old one.
Is this one the first type?

I think that Izhvesk made this carbine, like the 1907.

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I believe the Gendarmerie-Carbine's were designed by Colonel Nikolai Ivanovitch Jurlov and manufactured at Sestroryetsk.

Do I "win" the St. Petersburg Cavalry School Carbine you've been trying to sell? ;)

I sure wish I had the funds. I would buy it so fast you would wonder, what happened. Alas, I'm just a poor working guy.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the Gendarmerie-Carbine's were designed by Colonel Nikolai Ivanovitch Jurlov and manufactured at Sestroryetsk.

Do I "win" the St. Petersburg Cavalry School Carbine you've been trying to sell? ;)

I sure wish I had the funds. I would buy it so fast you would wonder, what happened. Alas, I'm just a poor working guy.
MosinJunkie

that is correct, very good! The Gendarmery Carbine was designed by Jurlov and made from shortened (Izhevsk made) dragoon rifles m/91 in Sestroretsk.

Sorry in regards of the St. Petersburg Cavalry Carbine, but you and alb87 have won a beer in my gunroom.

Regards

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
Karl,

With all due respect...

Me thinks you have already drank the beer in your gun room:rolleyes:

Better buy more:D

Gary

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rocker98

With all due respect: There is enough beer in Germany (smile) and normally I do not drink alcohol, just sometimes a beer with good buddies in my gunroom (smile).

Regards

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that the first gendarmerie carbine was made in the mid of '90s and a second tipe was made in 1907.
I don't know if the secont type used a similar rear sight to the 1907 carbine, but this one seems to be an old one.
Is this one the first type?

I think that Izhvesk made this carbine, like the 1907.

Am I wrong?
alb87

The first 11 Gendarmery Carbines were made in 1895. In fact they were the prototypes for the later carbine m/07. ~Ten years later around 9000 slightly different Gendarmery Carbines were made for border guards, all of them from shortened Izhevsk made dragoon rifles also, with the long rear sight of the rifles, but slightly different dimensions compared to the first 11 ones. All Gendarmery Carbines were made in the Sestroretsk factory.

Regards

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thanks for the beer and for the informations about this intresting carbine!!!!

Best regards!

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
rocker98

With all due respect: There is enough beer in Germany (smile) and normally I do not drink alcohol, just sometimes a beer with good buddies in my gunroom (smile).

Regards
There is not enough German beer in America, with all due respect. Do not invite me, I would become one of JPS's manacans in your gun room. :p You would have to constantly feed me. Not good. :)

Gary

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the Beer offer, KH. I don't drink myself, so, I'll let you drink my beer. Then maybe I can get a real good deal on a couple rare Mosins. :p

If I get the chance to visit your gun room. Be sure to make me wear a bib. I would hate to get drool all over the floor. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Isn't the reason why you have a drawn picture because know one knows where one is located or even if one still exists?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
KH I find you are very often the Sunshine in my day! Stay the same for a few more years OK?

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't the reason why you have a drawn picture because know one knows where one is located or even if one still exists?
USMCsean

You are right, I made the drawing after the description of Jurlov's carbine. Not a single carbine of the first eleven is known to exist today.

Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts