Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a rifle and it is $150. It has some characters on it that I cannot make out and the bore is so/so. The rifle has a stock and sights. It also has a bolt. Should I buy it? Is it collectible? I do not have the ability to post photos or the cash to buy a book or the time to google info on this piece. If I do buy it I would like to turn it into a deer rifle. What is the perfered brand of scope to put on this rifle? After I spend the time to sporterize this rifle will it be worth $500?

If you flame me for these questions you are mean.

Also, while talking to the pawn shop owner he stated that the rifle was once owned by someone who angered Vic Thomas. Vic buttstroked the previous rifle owner with an SVT and the pawn shop owner bought it out of the estate. Does this increase the value?

I'm also interested in any lawnmower or recipie advice I can possibly get. TIA!

Just wanted to start things out right.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,701 Posts
Ya had me goin' till about half way through - thinking "don't believe this guy". Then it was "yup, ya got me" ha ha! Good one. By the way if this wasn't a joke, if you decide not to buy the SVT can you email me the name of the pawn shop. tehe! Skid

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thats the biggest eye roll I've had in a while

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,948 Posts
I have found a rifle and it is $150. It has some characters on it that I cannot make out and the bore is so/so. The rifle has a stock and sights. It also has a bolt. Should I buy it? Is it collectible? I do not have the ability to post photos or the cash to buy a book or the time to google info on this piece. If I do buy it I would like to turn it into a deer rifle. What is the perfered brand of scope to put on this rifle? After I spend the time to sporterize this rifle will it be worth $500?

Also, while talking to the pawn shop owner he stated that the rifle was once owned by someone who angered Vic Thomas. Vic buttstroked the previous rifle owner with an SVT and the pawn shop owner bought it out of the estate. Does this increase the value?

What is the perfered brand of scope to put on this rifle?
Barska, ncstar, tasco. the biggest sucker you can afford.

After I spend the time to sporterize this rifle will it be worth $500?
Much, MUCH more. Get you a table at the local gunshow and advertise your scarce/rare/tactical sniper for sale.

Vic buttstroked the previous rifle owner with an SVT and the pawn shop owner bought it out of the estate. Does this increase the value?
Never heard of him & I know everything.
Carve your name in the buttstock - that'll add value!

How about giant cats?

Also, just so we can get to know you better, would you share your views on religion, politics and gun control?

Glad I could help.

PS - Whatever you do, NEVER call someone an inbred, slack-jawed, mouthbreather.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

I'm also interested in any lawnmower or recipie advice I can possibly get.

TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, Mr. Robinson, Mr. Robinson! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
My troll sniffer is pegged out! Get the tar and feathers!
With all due respect, I believe I have the copy right on "Troll-Sniffer"©.

Look back in the archives ( if you can access them) and I think you will find I invented/published this several years ago as a unique description for one who detects a Troll on GBs.

(My troll sniffer is starting to twitch...)

PS...I love sweet potato biscuits! Let's make them sometime!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,122 Posts
I love the new boards already... I mean, seriously... have you checked out the available avatars? They're the next best thing to making your own! :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

·
Gold Bullet member
2,330 Posts
Honda beats Toro and I have both. John Deere over-priced. Lawnboy now owned by Toro. Anything else not worth considering. (Craftsman and MTD suck big time.)

Now onto riding mowers?
Honda makes some tough motors. All our dept's small engines and generators are Honda's, didn't know they made mowers.

I have a real piece of crap ride on....MTD?... from Home Depot. Not running more than it runs. :^(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats why I just pay the kid next door. After my nearly new lawnmower made a funny noise and spewing smoke out all of its orifaces, I didn't have much choice.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I love the new boards already... I mean, seriously... have you checked out the available avatars? They're the next best thing to making your own! :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~
Not...that is the most annoying thing I have seen since the large black lady sat next to me today on the trolley. At least it does not smell.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,330 Posts
I think that it is just like any other board. Cut a paste a URL from a photo server thingy like photo bucket or cut and paste one from a pic on your computer.

I have a 15 year old, he can cut it. I just have to supply a mower...one he can't break!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts