Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I ordered my very first pistol a Yugo M57 from SOG monday night for $200(handpicked) comes with holster,2 mags, and cleaning rod. I am just so surprised at the price of 7.62x25 ammo, I ordered 500 rounds. Anyone know if they come in cosmo? I plan on taking it friday or saturday depending when it arrives. I hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

not my gun but just to show how she looks.

·
Registered
843 Posts
As in -- literally the first handgun you've owned? Careful with the TT. It can't be safely carried with a chambered round. It also has poor ergonomics, so don't expect it to point well -- which might be okay in a sense, because it could force you to really iron out your fundamentals in learning to shoot it well. Very reliable, durable, and accurate guns on the whole. Highly penetrative -- to quote one Russian source regarding handling of the TT -- "Don't fool around."

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Don't be scared of it: spend some time cleaning it, and really understand how it works. From that you'll understand the guns limitations......You'll find a disagreement on here about carrying it with a round chambered, and I'd tell you to do whatever makes you comfortable. You will love it. I hope to pick one up soon too.....But really, clean it very well, and try to get to know it a bit....I'd tell you practice lowering the hammer on an empty gun....meaning, make sure its unloaded, and do it a few times.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies

Yes it is literally the first handgun I've ever owned. I've never really been into handguns, only rifles from bolt to semi. But its not like i'm 40 years old and finaly bought a pistol either lol. I've fired a cz-82, and a mokrav, thats it. Do you guys know how fast SOG is with their shipping?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
You'll find a disagreement on here about carrying it with a round chambered, and I'd tell you to do whatever makes you comfortable.
You'll find that disagreement to connect to a LOT of other handgun models as well. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.