1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
750 Posts
For quite a while I worked in a shop that specialized in military weapons and in the late 60s to the late 70's we got in a number of these.In the early 80's they began to show up from Vietnam vets usually in poor shape.The local pawn shops wouldn't buy them as they did not know what they were or what calliber they were so they sent folks to us.No body wanted them because there was no ammo and even at $35 they still took forever to sell.My first one was a 1900 for $35.I test fired them with 32-20 for function .Our company pollicy was never to tell a customer to fire anything but the correct ammo manufactured for the weapon.

·
1,693 Posts
I have one with all matching serial #s and no import mark. It is nice, but the finish is not nearly as good as the one in their photos. I bought it about 2 years ago as part of a few things I bought off of a guy locally. Kind of hard to tell how much exactly I paid for it alone, but I would guess $250. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I simply cringe at the sight of a refurbed 91/30 Mosin and a refurbed import marked Nagant pistol. So even at a higher price than it is worth I was willing to get this one. Plus I have 60 days to buy other stuff before I have to get it out of jail. :D Made the choice kinda easy. I remember one they had that was like this one but imperial. It didn't last 2 hours. I kicked myself for missing that one. I think it was a 1919.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I simply cringe at the sight of a refurbed 91/30 Mosin and a refurbed import marked Nagant pistol. So even at a higher price than it is worth I was willing to get this one. Plus I have 60 days to buy other stuff before I have to get it out of jail. :D Made the choice kinda easy. I remember one they had that was like this one but imperial. It didn't last 2 hours. I kicked myself for missing that one. I think it was a 1919.
Remind me to send you some pictures of my refurbished 1927 Nagant with a beautiful import mark right next to the factory marking! :D

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Anytime you find a prewar nonrefurb it is worth buying. Refurbs are starting to push $200 and a prewar Soviet that is original should bring in the neighborhood of $350-400. Buyers are still thinking $75 but those days are gone unless you find someone who doesn't know what he has - like the 1903 in another recent post.
$450 maybe a bit high for this one, but not that much if the revolver is all original.
Joe

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
If it was a local ftf, I would have a hard time walking away even at that price!
I even had to tell myself no for a $300 refurb just the other day. I wish those $75 days would come back, but I guess I missed out on those!

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
it amazes, but doesn't surprise me that refurbs are $300 now.

Would i pay that much? No; though i understand folks late to the game are willling to pay that much. Its nice to have miltary history in ones hand.. even if its a refurb.

Though for me to pay that much; i would do what stopsign did and get a nonrefurbish/non import if i was going to spend that kind of money. But i got lucky and bought one of the last classic had.. $109 shipped to the door. This was less than 2 years ago.

Whoever says investing in military surplus is a bad idea needs their head examined ;)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I don't think you did too bad at all. $500 is beyond my budget for most guns, let alone a Nagant, but that is my personal problem :laugh:

It is very nice and now I have something to compare to if I ever decide to part with mine.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
My very first Nagant revolver was a nicely refurbed war time one. I forget what year but it had a razor sharp bore. Ended up selling it off I guess. But it was one of my first purchases with my new C&R back then. I think 2007? I guess it was from R guns when they were like $75. Heck of a deal. I remember UPS brought it by as we were leaving for Eastern WA Waitsburg to go deer hunting. I brought it with me to shoot. Don't know if I even shot it much either.

1932 Tula.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.