Gunboards Forums banner

What was your first mosin?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,421 Posts
My first was a 91/30. It proved to be a very fertile rifle as I seem to have a large family of Mosins now. Well, large to me although small to many of you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My first is a 1940 Izhvesk round rec. # is 5863. It has to be my favorite gun...

·
Registered
261 Posts
my first was a ratty,tired and throughly disreputable M91 purchased in 1965 at a Canton,Ohio gun show. While the gun was fair/good on the outside ,the bore was pristine and was very accurate. Paid, IIRC, all of $8.00 for it and the guy who sold it was so happy to find a sucker he threw in a hatful of ammo. Those were the days!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
385 Posts
I settled for an M27 because I couldn't find a Russian gun. It made me mad because I was dumb enough to spend $160 on an old military gun.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Do you remember what my first was? I think it was a T53.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,316 Posts
I decided I needed one after reading about laminated stocked M44's in one of the gunrags. $59 from AIM...been down hill ever since. :^)

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
My first was a 1943 Tula PU sniper with SVT scope. That was the first rifle I ever bought. A local shop was selling all the rifles out of some collector's estate and I got it for $400 last July. Before I bought it I took pictures and posted them on these boards in order to help varify that it wasn't a fake or repro.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I feel weird being the only one that answered M38 thus far...oh darn.

Join the club. So far, I'm the only one with an M39 answer!

I believe #2 was an M44, a Hungarian. #3 was a 91/30 and #4 was my 1st M38. I hate to divulge how many of those are here now...:eek:

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
I really can't remember exactly which one was first, but I can remember the first six. Two I bought at the same time, a 1948 M44 in new condition and a 1943 M38 in a laminated M44 stock that was used, but all matching. The other four were all bought together also. A straight barrel SIG M24, SA marked New England Westinghouse M91, SA marked Izhevsk M91 with AZF mark, and SA marked 1935 Tula M91/30.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My first was a 1960 T53

In fact, It was the first rifle I ever bought. I still have it and have added a Rearsenaled PU and a M39.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts