Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered my first Mauser from Allan's Armory and it should arrive on Friday. It is a Turkish Mauser T38. I will post some pics as soon as I get the rifle. My question, as a Mauser newbie, concerns some ammo that I purchased recently. It is supposed to be Romanian and I have included some pics. After reading reviews about how the primers are especially tough on some surplus ammo, I was wondering I may have some problems with the ammo that I bought. I will order some commercial 8mm but I would really like to buy and use this surplus ammo. Any ideas and general advice are greatly appreciated.

Ammunition Bullet Gun accessory

Yellow Button Fashion accessory Jewellery Circle

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the tips, guys. I picked up my Mauser on Monday. It had arrived last Friday but I was unable to go to the shop and the owner was not there on Sat. Store rules are that no one handles transfers but him, so I had to wait till Monday. Those UPS people managed to drop the package because the hard case was broken where the metal butstock broke through end of the case. There was no visible damage to the rifle and I'm sure it has seen worse. It is a great looking rifle and soaked in cosmo. Boy, do I have my work cut out for me. I know its a complicated question, but any suggestions as to the clean up? I read somewhere that Greased Lighting cleaner works. Is this true? I won't use it until I can get some advice about it. For now, I'm just gonna use a lot of towels and Hoppes. Here are some pics and again, thanks for all the advice.

Revolver Shotgun

Auto part Automotive engine part
Spiral Eye Close-up Photography Circle
Musical instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument accessory String instrument
Auto part
Auto part

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.