Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won this outstanding K22 on an online auction. I posted the starting bid price of $475 and was amazed that no one else bid. You can't even buy a newer beat up Smith for that price anymore. The SN places it as a 1948 issue, but it is as tight and bright as the day it was made with only very minor bluing wear. It also helps to have a C&R to eliminate the dealer transfer fees. My S&W collection is mostly stainless, but this is one blue that I will definitely be keeping. Looking forward to getting it to the range.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
2,614 Posts
Congrats on your S&W K22 purchase, its the best .22 revolver I ever had, for yrs had the 6" one and it was as precise as the best, traded it for something I cant remember and some 30 yrs got the 8 3/8" model manufactured by S&W for the Guardia Civil del Peru (Peruvian police), I added the scope and shoots like a good rifle-Pics below

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I too like stainless, but in certain pieces such as this, the bluing just plain looks better. I think a model 14 or K38 would make a great stable mate for that one.

Good find, I'm sure you won't regret it!

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,373 Posts
I've got a pair of K-frames. A 22 Combat Masterpiece (4" tube, Model 18) and a Combat Magnum (also a 4", Model 19). Both shoot a lot better than i can...

·
Gold Bullet member
2,614 Posts
The only thing similar to your gun that I have is a Colt Officers Model,cal 22, made in 1933-The bluing is 85% but the rest of the gun is solid and tight-Last month I entered a competition 20 shots at 20 meters, two series of five rounds in 3 minutes and two series of five rounds in 20 seconds, got 2nd place, first place was occupied by a guy 40 yrs younger than I; the action in this gun is one of the best I've felt on a revolver-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts