Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done! Made the staples myself out of a coat hanger, flattened them, heated then up and put a twist in them. A little wood glue for some support and they tapped into the horn and wood base plug nicely. The base plug & spout I lightly torched for some age and color. A hand rubbed coat of linseed oil and shes done! Already hanging off my shooting bag. 100% sealed air tight including the staple that goes through the horn.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Nice horn! Looks like bison. That can be challenging in itself. I've done a few and always like the bison horn results best especially with Indian characteristics. Here's a link you should consider studying <http://www.hornguild.org> They're a bunch of very sharing nice guys. BTW, I live in Broomfield, CO. Any hints on ranges and buying real black powder. To date I haven't had much luck for either one. Take care.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,451 Posts
Excellent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one. How is the cap held in place?
thanks fellers, i really am proud of it.

The cap is epoxied into place, plus last night i finished putting the rest of the tiny brass nails into the horn/plug. I only have one installed in the current pics.

·
Registered
632 Posts
After you shoot black powder the residue on your hands will turn that tip darker and the horn will look even better....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Very Nice Horn! I made a few. I used a brass screw-in cup hook for the thong attachment on the larger end of the horns. I sealed the plug end with wood glue and all is well.

Webley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts