Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received this from Denny this afternoon, the pictures are crappy so I'll replace them tomorrow with better ones but wanted to get SOMETHING up on the board.

1939 Izhevsk M91/30, [SA] & 41 marked, pigskin sling collars. Small Century import marking on the underside of the barrel.

Older pre-war stock with screwed-in escutcheons, brass endcaps on the handguard. Finn matched bolt body, lineouts on the mag and buttplate. I can't WAIT to take this one to the range!

He also included 8 stripper clips, two of them are Finn marked, one Bulgarian? (circle 10?) and one or two Izhevesk marked. The rest are unmarked.

Thanks Denny, the rifle is better than your photos showed (and mine are bad, will take better pics tomorrow and replace these to do the rifle justice!)

battle_wear.jpg brass_front.jpg shank_top.jpg bolt_body.jpg brass_rear.jpg 1939_Izhevesk.jpg shank_lt.jpg wrist_stamp.jpg buttplate.jpg mag_plate.jpg shank_rt.jpg

This is the first Finn'ed rifle to be added back into my collection since the big sell-off, I'm hoping to make many more additions as I rebuild...

Thanks again Denny!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,634 Posts
Nice looking rifle. I like the finn captures a lot and can tell you are excited too. Looking like a nice day for the range here tomorrow.

·
Diamond Member
5,597 Posts
John, Glad it survived the journey and glad you like it. Its nice to have a little pine tar scent in the home:)These are the clips I sent:

Real Tika
China Tika
pre '28 izhevsk (kinda hard to see the bow & arrow)
post '28 Izhevsk
G.W.S. (Finland)
Western Cart. (WWI, the one with the holes)
Circle 10 (Bulgarian)
Blank one - 1946 dated ammo from Factory 188.....a few of these clips were stamped with the Izhevsk triangle/arrow.

Denny

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot the hangtag!!

Here's the photo, it was in the envelope with the stripper clips...

hangtag.jpg

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, Glad it survived the journey and glad you like it. Its nice to have a little pine tar scent in the home:)These are the clips I sent:

Real Tika
China Tika
pre '28 izhevsk (kinda hard to see the bow & arrow)
post '28 Izhevsk
G.W.S. (Finland)
Western Cart. (WWI, the one with the holes)
Circle 10 (Bulgarian)
Blank one - 1946 dated ammo from Factory 188.....a few of these clips were stamped with the Izhevsk triangle/arrow.

Denny
Wow, I *SO* owe you a Christmas present now !! :thumbsup:

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,507 Posts
Very nice!

I don't know why you are starting to buy Finn's again. Your evenyually going to sell them to me. Just say'n...;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not unless I lose my job again, and I don't think that's gonna happen with this company...

Very nice!

I don't know why you are starting to buy Finn's again. Your evenyually going to sell them to me. Just say'n...;)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,103 Posts
Boy, that's a nice one, 'horde!:thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Besides the [SA], 'D' and '41' stamps, can anyone tell me if any of the other shank markings are Finnish? I'm also curious about the stock marks behind the trigger guard, are those stamps or just dings in the wood? Hard to tell so thought I'd ask...

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,507 Posts
WOW! Much better pics. That's a beauty! I don't think any of the other marks besides the [SA], 41, and "D" are Finnish. My 1941 Izhevsk has some of the same marks. Not near as many, but they are in similar places. The mark behind the trigger guard looks like a combination of stamp/ding to me. Looks to be a faded diamond, possibly a letter, and some dings. Hard to tell.

I am really not sure what all the Finns would have stamped, if anything other than what we know. Good question.

·
Diamond Member
5,597 Posts
Besides the [SA] and '41' stamps, can anyone tell me if any of the other shank markings are Finniish? I'm also curious about the stock marks behind the trigger guard, ore those stamps or just dings in the wood? Hard to tell so thought I'd ask...
I think it is a diamond stamp and dings/compression dents in the wrist area. IIRC there are ink stamps in the mag well area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts