Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a impulse buy but its still on layaway so more pics to come after I get it don't know a lot about it other than its has the crowns stamped on the wrist plate u might can barely make that out I sware it said 1953 on the tag but other people said its looks like a wwi era so idk haha be nice for it to be earlier

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
It looks a nice buy.
It is a Lee Enfield No1 Mk3* (take note of the model - many folks get the numbers the wrong way around and a No3 Mk1 is a totally different rifle)

It could have been produced pretty much anywhere between about 1916 and 1986 in a variety of countries. The engraving on the Butt-Socket will tell all - post some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do remember seeing something about a factory repair there were like 4 enfields at the store and cant remember if this one was the one marked that, is it a good thing to be ftr or not lol

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
If it is indeed marked FTR (Factory Thorough Repair) then it's a legit rebuild, or at least it was when it was done. Rebuilt to as-new standards and doesnt detract from desireability/value as it might with other types of surplus rifles. I think it's been cleaned and pampered since being released for sale. Looks too nice to be a cosmoline caked, warehouse crudded rifle like we used to see years ago. ;)

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I sent him a WW1 brass oiler & a WW2 type pullthrough with the alloy weight. Like the bayonets, they were still around. Although...if stored in the butt the plastic one wouldn't develop any verdigris to be cleaned off every so often.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah jb hooked me up lol they wouldnt of had brass ones in 1916? Pretty early for plastic isnt it, I mean im sure it wouldve had a plastic one at some point being reissued though or something

·
Copper Bullet Member
557 Posts
Very nice Rifle , I recently picked up a 1918 BSAc No.1 Mk.3 Sporter that is a great Shooter. I wish mine looked like yours but I did well on mine and May put it back to its original configuration some day .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts