Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'43 BSA Shirley.

Already doused it in mineral spirits and put a couple coats of BLO on her.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know...I've just always liked them and their looks. Fun to shoot as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This may be your first...but it certainly wont be your last. Welcome to the addiction. I remember my first Enfield and I remember thinking to myself "yep, all I need is one of these and I'll be happy". not. It looks like your rifle is a real beauty.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,666 Posts
Hello PH. I'm afraid that at this point in time you are pretty much screwed. Sadly it gets worse with age. Were I you, the next one should be a US property marked Savage as they are starting to dry up in nice condition. Any rifle with a US mark will set the pace. Congrats on your Enfield......it's a beauty. Regards, Rick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok i like the look of that one that i had them all candaian,savage,india, ishy, and english. guse im wroung now i want a bsa.Were can i get one and what will it run thanks guys for fuelling my addiction.Wife will kill me but i love the look on the hand guard going to get one.Thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
I only needed one, the 1943 Savage. Then came the 43 Maltbies, the 43 Faz, the 43 Longbranch, a couple of #5's, and of course I had to have at least 1 Indian 308... Is there no end? Actually, I need a 43 Shirley to "complete" the 1943 #4Mk1 collection. Where did you find yours?

·
Registered
114 Posts
OK...no "Newbie" jokes...

Is there a difference between an "Enfield" rifle, and a "Lee Enfield" rifle? I have a chance to buy a .303, and when I asked if it was a Lee-Enfield, I was told "No, its just an Enfield"

·
Registered
737 Posts
...mine started in 2008 with a free 1949 Frazakerley No4 MkI, South African issue as a gift from my late brother-in-law in trade for working on his collection.
About a dozen Enfields later, (1906, 1914, (2) 1918, 1920, 1940, (2) 1942 , 1944, (2) 1949, 1964) ...I'm ready for "Celebrity Enfield Rehab!"
I am thinking of taking a small vacation to "The Dark Side" and see whats happening with WWII Walther P-38's...wish me luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
...mine started in 2008 with a free 1949 Frazakerley No4 MkI, South African issue as a gift from my late brother-in-law in trade for working on his collection.
About a dozen Enfields later, (1906, 1914, (2) 1918, 1920, 1940, (2) 1942 , 1944, (2) 1949, 1964) ...I'm ready for "Celebrity Enfield Rehab!"
I am thinking of taking a small vacation to "The Dark Side" and see whats happening with WWII Walther P-38's...wish me luck!
I LOVE the P-38!! Dad got one, first pistol I ever learned to "field strip"...just remember it ejects left!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.