Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Came in the mail this past week, figured Id post some pics for ya to check out! Rifle is 1978, scope is 1980 and still has some life left in the trinium (spelling?). Guess it doesnt really qualify as a sniper rifle, more like a Romy DMR but its close enough!

Enjoy!

Stinkyrat

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
My Comiblock Rifle: 1978 PSL

I see it even has the "Evil" bayonet lug...wish mine did...:cool:

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,682 Posts
Nice, these early ones were about as close to real military as you could get. Since DaWoolf brought it up, is your bayonet lug complete or has it been ground on like mine. Just a knob left, a bayonet will not lock on. Since the ban has been lifted, have thought of getting someone to drop a weld on it and file shape it to work, but have been afraid might get to hot and warp the barrel. Any thoughts on that. Again Nice rifle, You will be impressed on how well they shoot - for a DMR anyway. Skid

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the lug is ground on and the compensator is perm. attached, these rifles were just built from century this year. I dont know, but i think all that was done for another reason other than the 94' AWB. I think maybe they had to come in as a sporting weapon instead of a big bad assault weapon.

No idea, can anyone let me know why they would still do that after the ban ended? Excess parts? PSL's havent been in production really for a couple years it seemed like, everything made during that time was from parts kits. I know the ones in now are actually built and shipped complete from romania and they are not kit guns.

Awesome rifle though, really glad i bought it!

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
365 Posts
1978 ??

Stinky Rat why do you say it is a 1978 model ???

can;t tell from your pics if it is stamped 1978 ??

Is this a home-grown built kit ??

Is it dated like my pic ??

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AOD, my rifle is not dated as yours is. You must be a lucky owner of an original military version. I based the date off the serial on my rifle as it appears to be dated just like the GP-WASR's are. It is K-XXXX-78, which is pretty similar to the WASR serials having the date at the end of the serial, so im just figuring the rifle was originally built in 78 and they just rebuilt the rifle with a new reciever so it would comply with US laws.

Thats just my guess, it seems right. The mags are all stamped with the XXXX and no 78 so it seems like it dates the rifle.

Anyone else know for sure? I will try and call up century tomorrow and find out.

Stinkyrat

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whbonny26, does it actually have the lug or is it just the nub that was ground down? mine will hold the bayonet but im pretty sure if i tried stabbing something with it it would just pop off.

Stinkyrat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts