Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just grows & grows, but to make things more interesting, it even expands.

Is this an unhealthy addiction or obsession, or is this good? LOL..

As if bayonets & milsurp rifles were not enough, I had to keep buying accessories & accoutrements for each rifle/bayo etc..like the ammo pouches & everything else.. started collecting medals as well as other various field gear, etc.. now seems I'm on to helmets too..

Is this obsessive addiction of mine ever going to stop?

Ok, so I'm looking at belts & buckles to start buying, because the bayonet in the frog attaches to it, lol... Ok, so I suppose I'll need the various uniforms & everything else that goes with it too... but then that means I need mannequins to dress them up,,,

I fear one day soon that I'll have a room full of fully dressed, fully equiped and armed soldiers from several countries staring at me in the living room.........

How did this happen? All this started with what at the time was only a rifle and a bayonet..

·
Registered
683 Posts
Then, next, you will have full scale re-enactments of all the major battles of WWII :) And after that, your own private mannequin army! Mwuhahahaha :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
As long as you buy things that increase in value, it's productive. Now if you go buy a new pair of shoes everytime you go shopping, that's destructive!

·
Super Moderator
11,698 Posts
Still takes less space than collecting toy trains.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, as long as you don't also have a collection of diaries explaining how you'd like to commit a murder, then I'd say it's ok by me!

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Perfectly normal, for here anyway.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
JPS can't talk right now. He is covered in rifles,pistols,bayonets,uniforms,helmets, and mannequins at the moment.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
As long as you do not start dressing and outfitting real soulders, making your own tanks, planes, ships, and support vehicles, your own small arms and ammo and all the ordinance needed to support the others, and looking at collecting countries and seeking world domination, I think your fine.:eek:

Gary

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
If the phenomenon you describe WEREN'T occuring, I would say there is something wrong.

I have a basement full of Finn WWII field gear that says your progress is normal.

Mannequins are only like $60 on e-bay...

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
When I went from thinking about how many rifles I owned to how many gun safes I owned THAT is when I realized was off the deep end......But I'm still swimming!!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
My collecting is making me need larger living quarters..

Look as if a lot of us are in the same boat!....As long as wifey stays happy or doesn't care as in my case...:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts