Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Today I was lucky, an old man decided to sell his old rifles.He had this one from 1903 and it looked good.
With help of this little book I (my wife ) was able to disassemble it.The grease was petrified, everything was stucked together.Barrel, receiver , bolt and stock have the same numbers.
To morrow I will try to get it together.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Very Nice Carbine!

The grease was petrified, everything was stuck together. Barrel, receiver, bolt and stock have the same numbers. Tomorrow I will try to get it together.
Excellent acquisition! Thanks for sharing the picture. More, please. Yes, it began life as a M94, but then sometime after 1914, it was converted to the bayonet version (94/14).
Does that ("Barrel, receiver, bolt and stock have the same numbers.") mean the other numbered pieces are different numbers? ...For example: magzine floor plate, trigger guard, barrel band/muzzle piece, buttplate, etc. Are the crowns on the barrel band/muzzle piece tilted?
Did the bayonet/scabbard/frog all come with it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the crown on the muzzle piece is tilted, the barrel band is normal.The bolt release has a different number.
The bajonet was apart.Here in Belgium those bajonets are to expensive: between 150 à 200€.
The short 94 are almost disappeared on our markets.In a good condition over 1.000€

1 - 4 of 4 Posts