Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Thats a pretty neat little pistola you have there Earl. Nice pics!

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
PS... I like your EGA... can you send it to me so I can use it?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,323 Posts
TT-33

Here is a 1940 bringback that I got off the trader last month for $375 shipped. Another member both posted and emailed an offer (after the pistol marked SPF to me) for $425 telling the seller he was undervalued and silly to complete the sale. Goes to show there are bargains, sellers who honor a deal, and greedy a**holes out there who think money trumps everything or that a completed sale is an open auction. I was happy to add it to my Russian collection. All matched but mag, no import marks. Seller says he got it from a vet's widow and is working on papers (nice but not essential for me). I got a couple of additional mags online with lanyard rings. The neat thing is that just about every part has the Tula star. The previous owner looks to have hit the surface rust with sandpaper decades ago (judging from patina). Still, it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Here is a 1940 bringback that I got off the trader last month for $375 shipped. Another member both posted and emailed an offer (after the pistol marked SPF to me) for $425 telling the seller he was undervalued and silly to complete the sale. Goes to show there are bargains, sellers who honor a deal, and greedy a**holes out there who think money trumps everything or that a completed sale is an open auction. I was happy to add it to my Russian collection. All matched but mag, no import marks. Seller says he got it from a vet's widow and is working on papers (nice but not essential for me). I got a couple of additional mags online with lanyard rings. The neat thing is that just about every part has the Tula star. The previous owner looks to have hit the surface rust with sandpaper decades ago (judging from patina). Still, it is what it is.
I think you got an under-valued deal on this one, given not import marks.

This was $300 with an import stamp a couple years ago.:cool:

I should have bought 10 at the time, as they were available.

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
I think you got an under-valued deal on this one, given not import marks.

This was $300 with an import stamp a couple years ago.:cool:

I should have bought 10 at the time, as they were available.

I sure wish I had bought a bunch of those too. My order for a few never got processed.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice pistol Earl! I like the grips a lot, though some might prefer to replace them with original ones (I wouldn't!). TT-33s have rapidly risen in value lately. Sub $575 is a steal these days for a non-import marked one. Many are selling in the $750+ range now.

I had one of those GSP Toks that I paid $270 for, but sold it about 6 months later for $550 after I stumbled into this one for $200. Comparing the refurb and the original, it was no contest. The refurb had to go. Furthermore, my original TT-33 outshot the refurb (great groups and shooting POA versus the refurb shooting high).

There's something special about und!cked with Toks.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,323 Posts
The sad part is that the market is artificial to a great deal. The supply and demand is driven by regulation and not by actual rarity. Refurbs sell for $200 Canadian with no import marks (not required) to our friends in the North. Thanks goodness our Government is able to protect us from these dangerous things!

·
Gold Bullet member
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing about this bringback is that it would really be a shame to put issue grips on it, since the handmade grips are part of its history and were almost certainly on the pistol when it was acquired from it's previous owner by some GI.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes, replacing the grips would steal some of its soul, IMO. And that would be a shame just to make it technically "correct."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts