Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the rifles I've ever owned this is the one that speaks to me. The metal is all matching down to the smallest parts, the reciver is highly polished and the bluing mint. It is import stamped by Springfield Armory.
Serial is 16a from the first shipment. Bore is very bright abd grooves highly defined. I have shot 500 rounds of FN thru it with good results.

·
Registered
945 Posts
They are not making them like THAT anymore!

No telling what a tiger-striped walnut stock like that would cost on a newly made custom rifle today...
Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Very nice rifle !

·
Registered
658 Posts
wow! nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The wood is actually more impressive in person. Now if I could only find some more of that FN 7mm Mauser ammo!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
That one is a beauty. I think DWM made the nicest mausers.
I like Lowe as well, and Steyr, nothing wrong with the Swedes either,just about any of the preWWI Mausers are works of art in steel and wood.....And didn't someone in Oberndorf
make some nice ones as well?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
That Brazilian crest is one of the best looking crests around. Nice matching rifle with a low S/N and great wood. Can't ask for more!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I like Lowe as well, and Steyr, nothing wrong with the Swedes either,just about any of the preWWI Mausers are works of art in steel and wood.....And didn't someone in Oberndorf
make some nice ones as well?
royke - You're too easy.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,291 Posts
Very nice, and like a few of the other SA contract pieces, they had many survive in pristine condition. Every Mauser coollector should try to have at least one in near excellent condition to fully appreciate the craftmanship.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts