Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. A1021; no Czech acceptance marks. European numbers on unnumbered Mexican rear sight. All matching except for unnumbered Czech bolt. Fraktur-marked parts all over; no parade hook.

2. B6336; E23; European numbers on unnumbered rear Mexican sight; all parts matching except for unnumbered bolt; Fraktur-marked on most parts; with parade hook.

3. C695; E23; Turk numbers on unmatched Mexican sight. All parts otherwise matching with unnumbered Czech bolt; no parade hook; many Fraktur-marked parts.

My biggest complaint is that I have only three. I have more Czech rifles/pistols than I do US arms.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,339 Posts
Mark,you certainly have some interesting 98/22 variations.They are out there if you are willing to look-the same with the Brazil 1908 rifles.I wonder if some of the Mexican rifles that the Austrians used got sent to Cz as part of reparations and were reworked at Vz 98/22s.Do you have the lang sight modelsThe Cz-gew98 copy?I had the 2 different markings on receiver ring and sold my extra one off.As usual now I wish I had kept it.Navy arms seems to have brought the Gew 98 Cz copies in in the 1990s,I dont know if any more are in Turkey or will show up from some where else,or were converted into Turkish 38 rifles.Did you find the 98/22s at shows going thru the piles of surplus??

·
Gold Bullet member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any VZ98s. I have two GEW98s, though. I mostly found the VZ22s at various gun shops in days gone by. I rarely see any these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts