Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both bought from members of this forum. So thanks! Thought I would show off the two together.

Both of them are 1942 dated M39 D barrels both in there war time stocks. Both have matching receiver and bolt numbers.
The yellowish colored one is a SAKO and the orange one is a VKT.

There identical rifles, but complete opposites as far as parts probably why I love them so much. Starting from the way the wood looks, and is opposite from one another. The SAKO is built on a 1900 dated Izhevsk receiver with an N.E.W bolt. And the VKT is built on a N.E.W receiver with an Izhevsk bolt. The metal finish on the SAKO is great, and VKT a little worn. So again the same rifle just opposite on another.

As far as shooting goes, I hit a playing card at 100 Yards with the SAKO in 2 shots. Just right of center of the Ace of Diamonds about an inch or less but still on the card. Using Bulgarian surplus.. I will have to pick up some nicer PPU or something and try again.

Im impressed, but now I want a 42' Tikka...

Thanks again, mchome25 and dou 44. Awesome guys to deal with.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,090 Posts
Thanks for sharing with us. I see the SAKO stock is wearing that menacing #2 stamp. haha

BTW I can't even see a playing card at 100 yds!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Both bought from members of this forum. So thanks! Thought I would show off the two together.

Both of them are 1942 dated M39 D barrels both in there war time stocks. Both have matching receiver and bolt numbers.
The yellowish colored one is a SAKO and the orange one is a VKT.

There identical rifles, but complete opposites as far as parts probably why I love them so much. Starting from the way the wood looks, and is opposite from one another. The SAKO is built on a 1900 dated Izhevsk receiver with an N.E.W bolt. And the VKT is built on a N.E.W receiver with an Izhevsk bolt. The metal finish on the SAKO is great, and VKT a little worn. So again the same rifle just opposite on another.

As far as shooting goes, I hit a playing card at 100 Yards with the SAKO in 2 shots. Just right of center of the Ace of Diamonds about an inch or less but still on the card. Using Bulgarian surplus.. I will have to pick up some nicer PPU or something and try again.

Im impressed, but now I want a 42' Tikka...

Thanks again, mchome25 and dou 44. Awesome guys to deal with.

So, where are the other 40 of your 42 M39's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.