Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, and I like this board! Lots of forums for a variety of interests. Thought I would post a couple pics of my 1911. It has a 98% frame with a lower condition bit newer slide, original HP barrel, a bit earlier mag w/loop, and I believe Rem/UMC grip panels. I bought it a couple weeks ago because it was in my budget range pricewise, and, after all, is a real 1911!

·
Gold Bullet member
13,655 Posts
Nice pistol and likely Colt grips best I can tell. If they are UMC I have a set of Colts I would trade in about your gun's condition to put on my UMC AA refurb. Great gun and Airborne!! from Mike Radford ODA 595, C Company 3rd battalion, 5th SFGA 1973-75.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the way! Mike. I really think the grips are Rem/UMC because there's 13 rows between the diamonds, and that's what they told me at the M1911 forum. I think I'll keep 'em though, Mike. No matter what I do to it, it still won't be original, and I do like the mix, I like the short hammer too. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice pistole. If the SN is 200xxx, it's close to mine, which is 196xxx and was shipped in November of 1917, or so I've been told.

JT

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! The seller must have done a little research JT, he tells me it was shipped Dec. 8, 1917 to Springfield Armory.

AC

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Nice 1911

Hello A.C. Nice 1911 you've got there. I just picked up a Civilian 1911 made in 1917 myself. Thanks for sharing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts