Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may have asked this here before, and if I did, please forgive me and answer anyway.LOL

I have a Century CETME Sporter that has no muzzle device, and it appears that the one it used to have was cut off and the barrel re-crowned. I would like to add some sort of flash supressor or muzzle break that would be easy to install and give the appearance of the original length of the barrel, and NOT effect accuracy, unless it makes it better. Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I just leave it alone? At present, accuracy is just fine, at least it's good enough for deer hunting. Like I said, the barrel has been cut and the original swell and threads are gone. I saw one with a FAL type supressor once, it looked good. How could this be done? Threaded on, welded on, pinned on? Super Glue? Which type of supressor would fit the diameter of the barrel? Does one exist?

Please help ease my feeble mind!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
There are Arbors and threading dies that can be used to thread an attached barrel [maybe at Brownells] It has been a while since I seen them. But mostly you need to match your barrel OD to a thread pitch used on an attachment you want.
At any rate, the best way is to press and then pin the attachment. Locktite or any glue will not last and it would not be a pretty sight when a glued on attachment comes loose and gets in the way of a .30 cal round.

You also need to know if Flash Hiders are legal to own in your state. You may only be able to have a Muzzle Brake. Also if your state only allows Brakes, you can not have a Threaded Barrel, unless the Brake is 1200 degree Silver soldered or Blind Pinned and welded over.

The above was part of the old Assault Weapons ban [as was your naked barrel muzzle]
Like my state [CT] which so kindly adapted the old Assault Ban as the states gun laws. So very little changed after the Ban ended a few years ago.

Good luck

gw11

1 - 4 of 4 Posts