Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your box arrived, I sent it over to the Atlanta ATF office to open while we are on our trip. If it blows then no harm done. Seriously, THANKS, now you have to come back, bring the steaks and I'll furnish the grill. After you make the match cord I'll drag out the ole front loader and after dark we can shoot one of the neighbor's cows. Be sure and bring your skinning knife for replacement steaks, just not in your carry ons.

I'll never forget Garfield shooting, trying to shoot the matchlock at Blevins. The cord wouldn't stay lit so I took his cigarette, he held the smoke pole to his cheek and I touched the cancer stick to the priming pan. KA_BLOOYIE, I picked small specks of black powder out of my right thumb and fore finger for a number of months. While experience may be the best teacher it's not always the kindest. DUH!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Early Man, glad it got there ok. That char cord won't work very well as match cord, it's too fragile and you'll probably get burned if you try it from the small strands flaking off.
Another year older and still not any smarter eh?

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not match cord, what good are you? No need to answer that, I know. Just have to dig out my flint now, there's a chunk around here somewhere. Actually I have a supply of match cord that came with the matchlock shooting kit, powder flask, quick loading tubes, etc. that Steve Hayama was able to get from a friend in Japan. I guess Jim told you, Steve has business in Japan and will miss the shoot. You will be the "Shoot Master" after this year, what a horrible thought!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Not match cord, what good are you? No need to answer that, I know. Just have to dig out my flint now, there's a chunk around here somewhere. Actually I have a supply of match cord that came with the matchlock shooting kit, powder flask, quick loading tubes, etc. that Steve Hayama was able to get from a friend in Japan. I guess Jim told you, Steve has business in Japan and will miss the shoot. You will be the "Shoot Master" after this year, what a horrible thought!
I told you this was char cord from the beginning, you ding dong. You were looking for some period means of lighting your match cord --- remember???
Maybe you'd be better off sticking to coloring.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts