Gunboards Forums banner

Museum shout-out: American Heritage Museum

781 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  staffy 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to the American Heritage Museum yesterday. I don't want to post too many pics and ruin the experience, but if you're anywhere in the New England area, you need to go.

They have tanks, vehicles, and aircraft ranging from WW1 all the way up to an Abrams. Many of their pieces are the only ones on display in the country, some are the only ones in the world. For example a fully restored Panther, Panzer 1, D-Day used Higgins boat, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Tank Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle

The museum is in Hudson, MA, and well worth the trip, whether you're a few minutes away, or hours away. was there yesterday for my second time, and for a Saturday morning it was almost empty. I think they are slowly gaining publicity, but I wanted to post it here and help get the word out.

See less See more
#4 ·
So would I, though I have seen lots of tanks - spent many hours in the "junk yard" (the outside park at APG while the Ordnance Center & School were there) and took a lot of 35mm slides of things.

But doubt that we will be in that part of the country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.