Gunboards Forums banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,310 Posts
Well, Dems are in charge here and they just passed 10 laws restricting firearms. In 90 days, I'll need a permit to buy any semi-auto. Grandfathering clause for larger mags gone. Microprinting for new guns. And on and on and on.

The only hope is that the judiciary will stop this madness, but I'm not holding my breath
Thankfully I live in a free State (so far) & we do not have laws like you all have. Always possible that could change. But even then some of the sections of the state would just ignore the laws. Obviously any firearm coming from a dealer would be controlled by state law, but as between private individuals any controls would be ignored.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thankfully I live in a free State (so far) & we do not have laws like you all have. Always possible that could change. But even then some of the sections of the state would just ignore the laws. Obviously any firearm coming from a dealer would be controlled by state law, but as between private individuals any controls would be ignored.
After the Nov 2022 mid-terms The democrats may be singing a different tune or at least I hope. But Mr Biden is president for two more years and can use his office to cause a lot of harm. As economic conditions worsen, I expect the left and BLM to turn on him and they really never liked him anyway.
It is essential that the senate republicans do not negotiate too many of our rights away. As it is now, if they would refuse to compromise, there would no new gun laws at all.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You're in Kentucky right? How's your democrat governor working out? How did they manage to win in KY? I assume they have been blocked by your state house and senate on the worst stuff. Good thing about KY is you've got Rand.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,671 Posts
For a left of center reformer it was either pass his Obama care or do gun control and suffer for doing it. Pres. Biden no matter what side of the aisle one looks, is and never was presidential material. I doubt that he has the intellect be a leader of much any sort. Bill Clinton while smart and likely slicker than he is smart lost the house after he passed the assault weapons bill. It looks like Biden has already lost the house.
One of the first orders of business of any person who is elected, promoted or otherwise put in charge , is to hire people who won't be a threat to them. Trump hired Mike Pence who is a very smart guy , but Trump had ultimate confidence in himself , having been a self made billionaire and businessman. Biden has never been in charge of anything more than a committee which he screwed up .With Harris, he out did himself. His cabinet looks like the Bar in Star Wars but are abjectly stupid people . Again, no threat to him. When questioned about critical issues like border security , gas prices, health care, these incompetents get a "deer in the headlights" look and mumble something usually incoherent but never a solution. I see the Biden gang has included gun storage in their bill. That is a non starter . It may play well in liberal states , but not where I live . The "Red Flag" law is another non starter. I have already referenced the 9-0 SCOYUS case where police illegally seized a guys guns based on his wife saying, "He's acting funny" and they ruled against the cops. One thing The Crats have always done , when making laws ,is to over load . They add on issues which are offensive to their own. I surmise the final product won't be anything more than school security . It's funny, I read somewhere , where Biden's nitwits voted down $300 million for School Safety . When I was a kid, schools were sacred places . Today, they're shooting galleries or maybe just baby sitting by public employees .

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,310 Posts
You're in Kentucky right? How's your democrat governor working out? How did they manage to win in KY? I assume they have been blocked by your state house and senate on the worst stuff. Good thing about KY is you've got Rand.
The legislature is controlled by Republicans. Plus the AG is a Republican. So the governor does not have free control. Our current democrat governor won basically because the one he was replacing was an arrogant a-hole.

Historically, the legislature & governor were democrats. Certain areas of the state always voted democrat as the democrats there were conservative. Also, the democrats in other parts of the state were conservative. Some of the larger cities like Lexington & Louisville were liberal. As the democrat party became more left leaning, people started to go to the other party. The county in which my city home is located was controlled by democrats -- then one day the most of the office holders switched their registration to republican because the democrats were going too far left. I am personally aware of the fact that - before the change - one democratic county commissioner made a political contribution to the republicians. (I have a photo copy of the check.)

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,537 Posts
Yes it is true that criminals and bounty hunters come dressed as the police. Look through the window for a marked squad car. But again I repeat meet the police at the door with a gun in your hand and you will get a darwin award. If you have a gun, you better use it. Regardless crook or a LEO, they will most likely shoot if you are observed with a gun in hand. if I thought it was a crook I would not answer the door period.
Need a camera or peep-hole. Preferably both. If it is the cops - tell them (over a speaker) "you are being recorded. If you don't have a warrant, go away. If you do - display it. I'll see you as soon as my lawyer gets here, I'm calling him now.".

And have entry-resistant door and windows.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Pays to think of perimeter fencing or plantings, Roses, Bougainvilleas or similar thorny plantings, good for leaving traces of clothing or flesh, limiting access to specific video scanned access points, plus movement activated floodlights.
Then, mesh security doors, solid core 3 hinge deadlocked doors, laminated glass in external windows and roller shutters or barred windows. Houses here are usually brick.
Should give adequate warning of any attempted entry.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Pays to think of perimeter fencing or plantings, Roses, Bougainvilleas or similar thorny plantings, good for leaving traces of clothing or flesh, limiting access to specific video scanned access points, plus movement activated floodlights.
Then, mesh security doors, solid core 3 hinge deadlocked doors, laminated glass in external windows and roller shutters or barred windows. Houses here are usually brick.
Locking the door would help. The main is that the doors should not be of glass and the locks offer some resistance to gun fire. The school door in Connecticut was was of glass and the killer shot it out to gain entrance.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Well,if you wont open the door to the cops here ,and it cant be busted with their two man hammer,then they call in a little tank ,and knock the front out of your house................and I imagine in the USof A,they dont call out a little tank,but a full size one ,and smash your house to bits.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Well,if you wont open the door to the cops here ,and it cant be busted with their two man hammer,then they call in a little tank ,and knock the front out of your house................and I imagine in the USof A,they dont call out a little tank,but a full size one ,and smash your house to bits.
Our police have much of the same.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Combat vehicle

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,537 Posts
Pyracantha, prickly pear and greenvine plus pleached Osage orange (bodark we call it here) are better. And Spanish Dagger. May not have those down your way, though.

GUNBB noted: "but Trump had ultimate confidence in himself , having been a self made billionaire and businessman." Well, maybe, but don't forget Mr. Trump came from a wealthy family and got several million from his father's estate. Big help in starting a business career to have that background and resource.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Pyracantha, prickly pear and greenvine plus pleached Osage orange (bodark we call it here) are better. And Spanish Dagger. May not have those down your way, though.

GUNBB noted: "but Trump had ultimate confidence in himself , having been a self made billionaire and businessman." Well, maybe, but don't forget Mr. Trump came from a wealthy family and got several million from his father's estate. Big help in starting a business career to have that background and resource.
I think Trump early on was given $1 million outright from his father.
If you compare Trump to Biden, then looks good indeed. But is not necessarily praise to be called better than Biden.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Historically, the legislature & governor were democrats. Certain areas of the state always voted democrat as the democrats there were conservative. Also, the democrats in other parts of the state were conservative. Some of the larger cities like Lexington & Louisville were liberal. As the democrat party became more left leaning, people started to go to the other party. The county in which my city home is located was controlled by democrats -- then one day the most of the office holders switched their registration to republican because the democrats were going too far left. I am personally aware of the fact that - before the change - one democratic county commissioner made a political contribution to the republicians. (I have a photo copy of the check.)
I have always like a mix and never voted along party lines. Unfortunately, the choice of political party has become "For America" or "Against America".

Reactions: barnetmill

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
And this is a perfect example of why citizens need more access to RPGs and other shape charge anti-material weapons.
Molotov Cocktails are surprisingly effective and cheap. They have to be properly employed and in close quarters.

The Fiery History of the Molotov Cocktail
Although extremely dangerous, the Molotov cocktail can allow even an untrained civilian to take on a tank.

Reactions: Str8pull
61 - 80 of 95 Posts