Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Answering the door gun in hand is not a wise choice if the police are on the other side of the door. I would say he got a darwin award.
Did you catch the part where they showed up at 5:17? If someone showed up at the butt crack of dawn I'd be concerned for my safety as well. If they didn't shout police (or shouted it before he was awake) and had guns already drawn it's easy to see how this could go south quickly.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Also note the complete bills have not been written, just generalized outline. "You have to pass it to know what's in it" again. Most of the republicans senators involved are not up for re-election.
Two facts related to the bill/s:
1.They will have zero percent effectiveness on crimes and violence committed by people using firearms.
2.They will create prosecutions and problems for citizens who are currently compliant with current laws.

The bills are sponsored by the people currently in charge of crashing the economy, putting more criminals back on the street sooner, not even bothering to prosecute many of them, and enriching themselves by utilizing insider trading that they have deemed legal....for themselves only.
Now back to the chaos of intentionally high inflation, illegal immigration, and look forward to mail in elections in the fall pandemic. And if "Simon says put on your mask" you're going to comply says the "office of disinformation" which you were disinformed that it was disbanded.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Some years ago a girlfriend and I split up and I moved out of our house. She was upset at our break-up and became extremely angry and agitated and I feared she would become violent so I hurriedly left the house with all my belongings behind. A few days later after she had settled down, or so I thought so I arranged to pick up my stuff, including my gun collection. A few minutes after arriving back at the house a police officer showed up, talked to the girl friend and then stood by and watched as I loaded everything in my truck. I asked him what was up and he said 'never mind'. I pressed him for a reason for his presence and he told me my ex had called the police because she was 'uncomfortable' with me removing my firearms. I told him that as long as she doesn't attack me she has nothing to worry about and I just wanted to get my stuff and get on down the road. That was thirty years ago before there were anything like 'Red Flag' laws.

How do you think that would have gone if there were Red Flag laws?

Red Flag laws are a bad idea and will become the most widely abused law by angry ex's and people offended by Trump yard signs.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Did you catch the part where they showed up at 5:17? If someone showed up at the butt crack of dawn I'd be concerned for my safety as well. If they didn't shout police (or shouted it before he was awake) and had guns already drawn it's easy to see how this could go south quickly.
A Ring doorbell is your friend. Even though I live in a very low crime city in an even lower crime neighborhood I never answer the door without checking to see who is there. If it is someone I don't want to talk to I use the audio function of the doorbell to tell them "thank you but we're not interested now FO!"

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Look what just happened in Ukraine that had gun laws that made many countries we consider restrictive look like 2A sanctuaries. When proverbial crap hit the fan they were giving out FULL AUTO weapons like candy with no more than a picture ID needed. When you try to disarm CITIZENS expect them to turn into SUBJECTS with all the effects thereof.

Frankly, there will always be freaks in our society. Crime is as old as human civilization and there is no reason to believe it'll be fully eradicated. Banning firearms altogether won't change human behavior. Boys in the hood in NYC don't give a damn about restrictive gun laws.
You watch, if Ukraine wins its war with Russia, how quickly they'll round up all those AKs they handed out. If memory serves it was the British Home guard were required to turn in the guns they were "lent" after WWII ended.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,671 Posts
Who are the law makers trying to kidd saying "this will stop the illegal flow of guns into cities"? The gun traffic will still flow like a river in flood stage because there is big $$ to be made by it.
Another point in these proposed laws, they all appear to be targeted against law abiding, tax paying, God fearing citizens. Any one of us folks who might be accused of violating one of them could be faced with loss of our legally owned property and a possible jail sentence. Nothing (not one word) is mentioned about the person who commits the so called "mass shooting" and is caught alive. As it goes these days they can post a few bucks in bond money and are back on the streets within a few days. Hardened criminals have been released from prison and are circulating right now within our neighborhoods. This is what happens when certain elements in our society scream "defund the police" and "release prisoners". We are seeing the results of catering to this stupidity.
This guy says what you say !!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,310 Posts
I do not get visitors unexpectantly.
There are two locked gates before you can get to the house that is set back in woods by a creek on 8 acres. The first one will keep a vehicle out unless they ram it. The second gate and fence keeps the three bulldogs in. I am not expecting company without a phone call first. Gates are chained and padlocked shut and with signs not to enter.
2 members of my greeting committee waiting at the gate for my return and there was another one in the house. I believe if the police wanted to talk to me they would phone.
View attachment 3988667

At my city house there is no such things to slow people down. At my country house, well no gates, but the dogs will make noise when someone crosses the bridge over the creek.

Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape House

Plus my brothers-in-law live in the houses on each side of me. And they do not take kindly to people coming unannounced.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The Justine Trudeau republicans. Not surprised 10 are joining the democrats/ communist party
Duck season OK, target shooting..only if you have to. Double barrel OK for now, but the commies are pushing for single barrels citing, if you practice why do you need more than one shell?
At some point they will have to re-name to Ducks Limited (one at a time)

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
If there is no right to self defense in Canada....then why does Trudeau have armed security protecting him?.You have the right to defend yourself in Canada using proportional force I am sure,but like most other places you may have to justify your actions depending on how things pan out.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
I don't know....I repeatedly heard gun owners state that our gun rights are safer when the dems are in charge...that this is the only way republicans will fight for our rights. I was assured constantly.
I have never heard that if you are being serious. I assume you are being sarcastic. That is one of the things that has driven me to be an independent.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't know....I repeatedly heard gun owners state that our gun rights are safer when the dems are in charge...that this is the only way republicans will fight for our rights. I was assured constantly.
There is some truth to that, no new gun control was passed on the federal level under Obama, the republicans were worth a damn for once.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Well, Dems are in charge here and they just passed 10 laws restricting firearms. In 90 days, I'll need a permit to buy any semi-auto. Grandfathering clause for larger mags gone. Microprinting for new guns. And on and on and on.

The only hope is that the judiciary will stop this madness, but I'm not holding my breath

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
There is some truth to that, no new gun control was passed on the federal level under Obama, the republicans were worth a damn for once.
For a left of center reformer it was either pass his Obama care or do gun control and suffer for doing it. Pres. Biden no matter what side of the aisle one looks, is and never was presidential material. I doubt that he has the intellect be a leader of much any sort. Bill Clinton while smart and likely slicker than he is smart lost the house after he passed the assault weapons bill. It looks like Biden has already lost the house.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Well, Dems are in charge here and they just passed 10 laws restricting firearms. In 90 days, I'll need a permit to buy any semi-auto. Grandfathering clause for larger mags gone. Microprinting for new guns. And on and on and on.

The only hope is that the judiciary will stop this madness, but I'm not holding my breath
I am not sure if your are talking about the state level or federal level. At the federal level nothing is passed yet/

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

These have only passed the house. They'll die in the senate.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts