Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
#17 - Oh we are touchy, just repeating what has been reported on US news.
I'm not getting into a p1ssing contest over the number firearms I have but will say they start with a 1819 Hall flinter and end with a No4Mk2 and are well stocked in between.
Probably a somewhat older than you, was a youngster in WW2, served time in the forces when we had emergencies not wars - mates died just the same, used to shoot competitively until nature took it's course. Your assumptions convey complete ignorance of my situation.
What is of concern is the divisiveness and outright hostility expressed in these conversations/discussions, is it peculiar to the US.
Things change, sometimes not for the better, but we are not now living in the 18th Century.
Thanks b.m., but no worries have had worse sh1t thrown at me, water of a ducks back.
Well for one thing people here are not happy at all with the way things are going. Everyone is on edge more and more as time goes on. We're staring down the barrel of a stagflationary recession and we have biden up there proclaiming the best economy in half a century. So yeah, I can see why he would be irritated.

Dishware Facial expression Plate Jaw Tableware

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't know....I repeatedly heard gun owners state that our gun rights are safer when the dems are in charge...that this is the only way republicans will fight for our rights. I was assured constantly.
There is some truth to that, no new gun control was passed on the federal level under Obama, the republicans were worth a damn for once.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thankfully I live in a free State (so far) & we do not have laws like you all have. Always possible that could change. But even then some of the sections of the state would just ignore the laws. Obviously any firearm coming from a dealer would be controlled by state law, but as between private individuals any controls would be ignored.
You're in Kentucky right? How's your democrat governor working out? How did they manage to win in KY? I assume they have been blocked by your state house and senate on the worst stuff. Good thing about KY is you've got Rand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts