Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all from Murphy and need to see more details for sure.
Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT

NEWS: We have a deal. Today a bipartisan group of 20 Senators (10 D and 10 R) is announcing a breakthrough agreement on gun violence - the first in 30 years - that will save lives. I think you’ll be surprised at the scope of our framework. 1/ Here’s what it includes:

2/ Major funding to help states pass and implement crisis intervention orders (red flag laws) that will allow law enforcement to temporarily take dangerous weapons away from people who pose a danger to others or themselves.

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

3/ Billions in new funding for mental health and school safety, including money for the national build out of community mental health clinics.

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

4/ Close the “boyfriend loophole”, so that no domestic abuser - a spouse OR a serious dating partner - can buy a gun if they are convicted of abuse against their partner.

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

5/ First ever federal law against gun trafficking and straw purchasing. This will be a difference making tool to stop the flow of illegal guns into cities.

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

6/ Enhanced background check for under 21 gun buyers and a short pause to conduct the check. Young buyers can get the gun only after the enhanced check is completed.

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

7/ Clarification of the laws regarding who needs to register as a licensed gun dealer, to make sure all truly commercial sellers are doing background checks.

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

8/ Will this bill do everything we need to end our nation’s gun violence epidemic? No. But it’s real, meaningful progress. And it breaks a 30 year log jam, demonstrating that Democrats and Republicans can work together in a way that truly saves lives.

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

9/ So grateful to
@JohnCornyn

@kyrstensinema

@SenThomTillis

@SenToomey

@Sen_JoeManchin

@SenBlumenthal

@SenatorCollins

@LindseyGrahamSC

@ChrisCoons

@TeamHeinrich

@BillCassidy
and others for their amazing work to get us this far.

Chris Murphy

@ChrisMurphyCT

·
1h

10/ Drafting this law and passing it through both chambers will not be easy. We have a long way before this gets to the President’s desk. But with your help and activism, we can get this done. This time, failure cannot be an option.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thom Tillis and Burr are traitors to the NC voters.
Thankfully Burr is not running again but I will literally vote for anyone(even a Democrat) before I vote for Tillis again.

Better to see the snake in the grass than get bitten by the one you don't. You know how a dem will vote but Tillis is just another Romney like RINO who will betray his voters whenever it suits him.
Even without the full details this deal seems worse than I thought it would be. In Florida I am sure that Senators Scott and Rubio will vote for it and so it seems like a done deal if the democrats are ok with it. It is possible that they will not be. But I suspect Biden will announce it as a great victory. The most troubling is the boy friend loop hole, who is a dealer, straw purchases, and etc.

I will have to be very careful with what ever I say to my doctor and if I ever get depressed I see someone privately and pay the bill myself to keep it off the public record.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And tell me what judge is going to say no when an angry ex or neighbor who wants "revenge" calls in a phony tip of someone about to do something immediately? You think that judge is going to say no? You think they are going to sit and review it over a couple days or will they say "go get em"?

This is not a big deal for people with 3-4 guns.. some of us have tens or even hundreds of guns. Imagine cops busting down your door and taking all of them doing who knows what damage/scratches/whatever will be done to that property until it's sorted out that the tip be phony. Imagine all your neighbors seeing this.. imagine you get those guns back only to then be robbed by people who found out what all you owned as the police funnel out of your home with guns under either arm?

Red flag laws are going to be abused in a horrible way.. in the 19 states that already have them they are being heavily abused already with reports of people having their property stolen only to have it given back a week later when it was deemed a "swatting" incident.

All that said..

Once again you have involved your seemingly anti gun rights Aussie self with US gun laws.. WHY are you even on this forum? Every darn time there's anything bad for gun owners in the US, you pop in to defend the anti gun crap or at the least make it out to be not so bad. This is NOT your business. So what is it? Are you pissed that your nation neutered your gun rights so you feel everyone else should be the same? Do you hate guns? I'd really love to know since you repeatedly involve yourself in a negative fashion with the US 2nd Amendment.
I would say it is not your call to tell someone they should not be posting here. You are not a moderator and I have no problem hearing what staffy has to say. Next you will telling me I should not be posting.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What if the person didn't know or believe that it was actually police on the other side of the door? Criminals have been known to pose as police at your door in order to gain illegal entry.
Yes it is true that criminals and bounty hunters come dressed as the police. Look through the window for a marked squad car. But again I repeat meet the police at the door with a gun in your hand and you will get a darwin award. If you have a gun, you better use it. Regardless crook or a LEO, they will most likely shoot if you are observed with a gun in hand. if I thought it was a crook I would not answer the door period.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" AKA the 2nd Amendment a US thing or world wide? Simple yes or no answer..
This is also a gun forum and staffy repeatedly comes in to help push anti gun ideals.

I won't bother telling you anything. I'll simply place both of you on ignore..
You may now continue to play devils advocate/liking every post in a thread your participate in.
Repeat you are not the moderator and I greatly appreciate what Staffy has to say. Now do you see me telling you that you have no right to respond to my OP just because do you do not agree with me.
i am not the moderator and neither are you. I believe very strongly in the 1st and 2nd amendments.
Ignoring me is your right. Last person that said that to me was on a local neighborhood next door that was a flaming liberal believing in gun control. He even threatened to swat me lol and reported me to the admin. All because I readily refuted everything he had to say.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Australians can own firearms, but there are restrictions. We must be vigilant to make sure that we do not end up as they have. Attacking others here is not the way to go.
Circular firing squads have little merit.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
If I do not expect someone and when I look out the glass panels on the side of the door & don't see anyone (because they are too close to the door) I will have a pistol in my hand when I open the door. A couple of time it was a police officer - & I put the gun down.

Then there was this time an IRS from the criminal division came to the door and wanted to talk about the income tax return of a client. I was kind and put my pistol in my belt holster. He wanted to come in and discuss it & my answer was no (unless he had a search warrant). So we discussed it on the porch. Every now & then during the discussion he would glance at my holster. Simple he had his weapon & I had mine.

Then there was the time when I returned from National Gun Day & I had around 20k in money on me. This guy was at the house across the street and he came running to my house - he caught up to me when I was on the porch but stopped when my pistol was touching his stomach. Seems he was an attorney who was running for judge and he was campaigning. He was upset with me & I pointed out that he was acting like a criminal in his approach.
I do not get visitors unexpectantly.
There are two locked gates before you can get to the house that is set back in woods by a creek on 8 acres. The first one will keep a vehicle out unless they ram it. The second gate and fence keeps the three bulldogs in. I am not expecting company without a phone call first. Gates are chained and padlocked shut and with signs not to enter.
2 members of my greeting committee waiting at the gate for my return and there was another one in the house. I believe if the police wanted to talk to me they would phone.
Dog breed Vertebrate White Dog Fence

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just listened to guns and gadgets and as the titles are written a restraining order that are often fraudulently obtained counts the same as a conviction of domestic violence on nics. This is even if a judge at a hearing a few hours later rescinds/voids it since many are fraudulent.
As this point this is a verbal agreement and we are reading what Sen Murphye decided the agreement was in his account of it. We do not know what the 10 republicans all really agreed to.
Both houses have two weeks as I understand it to write it up and formalize it as a law and then to agree on it.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
I don't know....I repeatedly heard gun owners state that our gun rights are safer when the dems are in charge...that this is the only way republicans will fight for our rights. I was assured constantly.
I have never heard that if you are being serious. I assume you are being sarcastic. That is one of the things that has driven me to be an independent.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
There is some truth to that, no new gun control was passed on the federal level under Obama, the republicans were worth a damn for once.
For a left of center reformer it was either pass his Obama care or do gun control and suffer for doing it. Pres. Biden no matter what side of the aisle one looks, is and never was presidential material. I doubt that he has the intellect be a leader of much any sort. Bill Clinton while smart and likely slicker than he is smart lost the house after he passed the assault weapons bill. It looks like Biden has already lost the house.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Well, Dems are in charge here and they just passed 10 laws restricting firearms. In 90 days, I'll need a permit to buy any semi-auto. Grandfathering clause for larger mags gone. Microprinting for new guns. And on and on and on.

The only hope is that the judiciary will stop this madness, but I'm not holding my breath
I am not sure if your are talking about the state level or federal level. At the federal level nothing is passed yet/

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thankfully I live in a free State (so far) & we do not have laws like you all have. Always possible that could change. But even then some of the sections of the state would just ignore the laws. Obviously any firearm coming from a dealer would be controlled by state law, but as between private individuals any controls would be ignored.
After the Nov 2022 mid-terms The democrats may be singing a different tune or at least I hope. But Mr Biden is president for two more years and can use his office to cause a lot of harm. As economic conditions worsen, I expect the left and BLM to turn on him and they really never liked him anyway.
It is essential that the senate republicans do not negotiate too many of our rights away. As it is now, if they would refuse to compromise, there would no new gun laws at all.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Pays to think of perimeter fencing or plantings, Roses, Bougainvilleas or similar thorny plantings, good for leaving traces of clothing or flesh, limiting access to specific video scanned access points, plus movement activated floodlights.
Then, mesh security doors, solid core 3 hinge deadlocked doors, laminated glass in external windows and roller shutters or barred windows. Houses here are usually brick.
Should give adequate warning of any attempted entry.
Locking the door would help. The main is that the doors should not be of glass and the locks offer some resistance to gun fire. The school door in Connecticut was was of glass and the killer shot it out to gain entrance.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Well,if you wont open the door to the cops here ,and it cant be busted with their two man hammer,then they call in a little tank ,and knock the front out of your house................and I imagine in the USof A,they dont call out a little tank,but a full size one ,and smash your house to bits.
Our police have much of the same.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Combat vehicle

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Pyracantha, prickly pear and greenvine plus pleached Osage orange (bodark we call it here) are better. And Spanish Dagger. May not have those down your way, though.

GUNBB noted: "but Trump had ultimate confidence in himself , having been a self made billionaire and businessman." Well, maybe, but don't forget Mr. Trump came from a wealthy family and got several million from his father's estate. Big help in starting a business career to have that background and resource.
I think Trump early on was given $1 million outright from his father.
If you compare Trump to Biden, then looks good indeed. But is not necessarily praise to be called better than Biden.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Back to the original post:
It's Friday and still no announcement. If they don't announce specifics by close of business today, I doubt that they have the 10 Republicans they claimed.
This the fervent hope of most of us here that it dies for this session. The world is moving issue wise. But as it is now the Demos are sure to lose in November and then things the antigun forces push will be passed.
I am hoping for the ammo and primers costs to come down if the antigunners get weaker. All the antigunners have done is create demand that raises prices of guns, ammo, and primers.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
The latest information suggests

Senate Red Flag Deal Crumbling! Texans Turn On Cornyn!
A lot pressure has been applied by citizens against turncoats.

Below is a video expressing the above point of view and i hope it does crumble.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I see where Cornyn walked out . Either he saw his political capital at risk or he got fed up with the Dems and their idiotic add on demands . One thing about the Dems and gun laws , is that they always over reach . Never satisfied with something, they pile on more onerous demands and so ,in the end, lose the compromise. I've seen it over and over on lots of different subjects . They will claim foul and say Republicans don't care about school safety and the liberal press will give them the bully pulpit . Like a lot of people, countries , and political parties, they see agreement to sit down and discuss coming to an agreement as a sign of weakness to exploit. Only when they own the place ,like Commiefornia, NYank'em, NJerk-see , Illannoying and other Nazi states, do they ever pass anything and even then, they screw it up .
I always tend to see things a little differently, but i think you have hit on something. The demos think that they have god on their side and do not want to be bothered with facts or realities of the world.
Apparently all this is behind the scenes relative to the white house is being directed by Susan Rice and Biden does not even sniff her hair lol. She is said to have direct access to biden.
Hair Forehead Smile Face Chin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts