Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Mukden t38 rifle (One of the last 500 produced in Mukden it has the very rare Trapezoid rear sight), that I might put up for sale/auction, I have owned it for 25 yrs, I believe it to be unissued as it is all matching, mint with no wear parts, mirror new looking bore 100% original finish on wood and metal, and when I took it apart for the first time ever in its life it was caked with the old original dried grease on metal parts, the lower metal was like new under the wood line and so was the wood channel it sat in, no black powder residue, no sign of firing after tested at factory. Too bad Mum was scrubbed, or it would be almost a perfect example. Has the much
Hell why talk about it, here are a few pictures, what I need to now is what the heck it is worth now as I have no idea, I cannot find any example like it. Any venture to value it. Rifle looks better in person than pictures show. Thanks Rich D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a similar one, same Mukden Type 38, 90% blue finish, no mum, no bayonet, bright bore, and all match. I spend $500 bought it in this summer I think. If yours is all match, unissued, $800 is a fair price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice rifle! Finding one with a matching dustcover is the ultimate. I’m a little uncomfortable with your sling. Need to get that fresh looking kanji translated
About the Japanese on sling is the “1st TeiShin Dan 第一挺進団”. And I thought it’s a kind of abbreviation of the “1st TeiShin Shudan 第一挺進集団” which means this was working on Japanese Army Air Force - Airborne Division.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry sling is a nice repro so nice I got two for $40 a few years back. I can’t see putting an old beat up original on such a new looking rifle, the other went on my unissued Jinsen T 38 even nicer then this one, got them both from a well known collector Earl Batty back in the early 90’s thanks for all the input guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet member
13,119 Posts
Beautiful rifle! :) 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.