Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mukden Carbine - Sold pending funds

Since it appears that the old posts are not going to be carried over to this new board, I have lost the contact info for the members i had been talking with about possibly purchasing this carbine from me. I will repost the pics and if you had shown interest, please send me a PM. Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
I sent you an email Chris. Had lots of trouble getting logged in and other issues. (The site now says I am under 13 and need parental permission. I guess they tapped into my maturity level! I guess I had 3 kids awful early then)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
(The site now says I am under 13 and need parental permission. I guess they tapped into my maturity level! I guess I had 3 kids awful early then)

Me too. I just put my own email address in and it seemed to like that.

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,175 Posts
And after finally getting in a few minutes ago, I see that my last visit was 12-31-1969. Wondered what all those cobwebs were doing on my monitor.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
"Junior" members

And after finally getting in a few minutes ago, I see that my last visit was 12-31-1969. Wondered what all those cobwebs were doing on my monitor.
I was still using crayons!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The only computers that didn't take up a large room back then were flying to the moon!
Just think of the deals we could have got back then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Fred, mine has the same date. The question is just what were you doing at 11:00 pm back then?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
chdickey,
this should have been posted in the Japanese Trader forum.

·
2,175 Posts
Ray, if I remember correctly, we were running an IBM 360, and I was punching out cards to run some pretty elementary structures programs. NASTRAN, ANSYS, etc., were light years away. As a matter of fact I was still hung up on Space Odyssey 2001, one of the best movies of all times. T14, on that New Years Eve at that time of my life it aint gonna take no rocket scientist to figure out what I was doin.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Fred, I'm with you on 2001, I still find my self thinking about that one. Didn't IBM and Burroughs have the computer market sewed up back then? My computer class in high school taught us how to punch a card and read a flow chart.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts

In December 1969, I was opening my "batman" costume and new red tricycle and watching Captain Kangaroo every morning before Kindergarten.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,434 Posts
About to enter my "terrible twos"

·
2,175 Posts
Yep, Raym, IBM had the whole market, and the 360 seems to have had the whole floor in our building. We had a couple Burroughs mechanical adding machines (monsters). I was the local wise guy. Forever inputting a number, dividing by "0" and walking off, listening to that sucker grind away. Then we stepped up to Wang desk calculators. I immediately figured out how to lock it up. "69 factoral" would keep the Wang running and grinding for a whole weekend til it figured out it couldn't do the number and shut down with flashing lights. And what was the hot project? F100 engines for the F15 and later F16. Hot stuff for 1969. All these replies make me feel old.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thats funny Fred, We had those Wang calculators on the desks in my astronomy class in college and they were always locked up on some process! Never could get them to do anything you wanted to do.

This is just a picture to see how big a picture can get. Rear nacelle from a zeppelin.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Raym,
great Zep picture, where is it from? Real thing or a movie?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts