Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to put in a small supply of ermergency foods in addition to my canned stuff.Any reccomendations for MountainHouse freeze dried stuff like Lasagna with Meat Sauce ? Or how about milsurp MRE's ? TIA.

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
We have a Survival forum....maybe you should've put this thread in there......

With that said, If I had a Choice, I would go with MREs just because that's what I familiar with.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
10,291 Posts
Go with something you'll rotate through and eat because you like it and are familiar with it. If that's MRE's then fine but it usually means going with Alpine Aire or MountainHouse - more expensive up front, cheaper in the long run because you won't just let the stuff reach it's out date and then toss it.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
Twinkies

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mountain House all the way. If you buy the big cans you get a 30 year shelf life. It's also not as temperature sensitive as MREs.

I like to keep about a month's of emergency rations on hand. I don't necessarily believe in TEOTWAWKI, but I do believe in the ice storm that chops power for two weeks.

Plus MREs do gross things to your digestive tract...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Mountain House. Most of the entrees in the new MREs have mushrooms and I'm allergic. Although, I could probably live on Wheat Snack Bread and the Cheese with Bacon for weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.