Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the chance to unbury a few ammo pouches to photograph for the previous posting on the same subject. Enjoy.

These pouches are for the MPi-KM series of rifles (7.62mm).
The two photos on the left show the earlier design, rain pattern material with the pouch canted to one side as attached to the belt, with D-ring at the rear top to attach the load carrying harness.

The two photos on the right show the later rain pattern production pouch, in use until replacement by -74 series weapon.

Unfortunately all pouches on hand either have illegible, or are missing any date codes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
MPi-AKS-74N ammo pouches pt1

Here is a 1988 (Y) production of the -74N ammo pouch. Notice the addition of the external pouch to the (viewer's) left side, containing the issued cleaning kit. Internal cell has pockets for stripper clips and securing strap for cell.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
MPi-AKS-74N ammo pouches, pt2

-74N ammo pouch for the UTV equipment set, date code illegible.

Note that the UTV-pouch has green webbing and green painted buckles to secure the flap, and green webbing belt loops and green painted hooks to secure the pouch to the UTV belt.

Unlike the previous version, this series of pouch has no external pocket, and no internal pockets for stripper clips or securing strap for cell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
interesting note on the pouches which are on a slant...
I'll have to dig my stuff up to see what I've got. Hauptmann, do you have any documentation as to the age of the pouches? It does seem odd that the "older" pouches have rivets attaching the d-ring as well as the loops...similar to the older style Blumentarn pouches...is there where you are basing your assumption of age, or do you have any literature or photos to corroborate this?

·
Registered
211 Posts
on the old thread somebody stated that there were 2- and 3-cell strichtarn pouches in the same pattern as the blumentarn pouches, and although i think i'm aware of most variants, i've never seen these. does anyone have pics to confirm their existence?

also have not seen UTV pouch with side pocket...

·
Registered
96 Posts
the vests had them sewn to them...
I'd have to check to see if mine has a d-ring or not...
this whole thread has me re-evaluating ammo pouches...sometimes when you think you've got it all figured out...there you go..
-d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts