Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How common is it to finfd a 91/59 rifle in a Model 44 stock? Just wondering if this was common and was the secondary stock part used during refurb vs a modified 91/30 stock?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You may also find one in a Beech stock, a M38 stock, and a CZ stock with the blue/black push-in SSE's - also uncommon. Here's one in a new M38 Beech stock (note the relief mortise cut in the stock for the carbine rear sight) with a CZ "fingerprint". DDR

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,801 Posts
I just picked up a 91/59 in a post-war M44 stock yesterday over at Big 5. Got another one in a wartime M38 stock at the other Big 5 across town.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
I just picked up a 91/59 in a post-war M44 stock yesterday over at Big 5. Got another one in a wartime M38 stock at the other Big 5 across town.
Are you sure it's an M38 stock? If so it will have a relief in the barrel channel for the M38 rear sight base that is a sleeve around the barrel. Since M91/59s use the M91/30 rear sight base that fits on a dovetail without a sleeve there will be a gap on each side of the barrel are the rear sight. If there is no gap then it's a cut down M91/30 stock or a purpose made M91/59 stock.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My first one was in an M44 stock. It's the only one of my five like that.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have two in M44 stocks, both are older Century imports. One is in a postwar Beech the other is in one of the Czech type.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,273 Posts
More on M-44 stock on 91/59

A year or 2 ago when Century had a 5 fer on 91/59's I had my dealer order me 5.Out of the 5 2 had M-44 stocks,one of which was brand new with no reinforces ever crimped in the slots.The other had just a regular M-44 stock. The best thing was that they all had NOT been import marked.NO billboard,no Old small import stamp.The 91/59's were worn but I was thrilled to get them even if they had import marks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts