Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 MP-34 kits. on the fire control selector one has "T" and "S" the other has "C" and "A" i looked at some internet language translators and came up empty. also one has a top cover with a safty notch, the Steyr logo and welded over markings. the other has a top cover with no safty at all and no markings at all. my question is what country used these?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I can't remember which is which but one of these is portugese. I think its the one with T and S. It should have a topcover that has a safety slide on it. The safety looks like a rear sight on a mauser rifle. That would be an MP34 built for the portugese contract of 1942 in 9mm parabellum or earlier in 7.65 parabellum.
The other with the C and A goes with the topcover that has the safety notch in it. No one is really sure exactly which country these came from. The topcovers were welded on to hide the markings which would answer that question. It is thought that they came from Chile or one of the other south american countries. These are actually S1-100 models and the steyr emblem is a SSW which stands for Steyr-Solothurn Waffen.

There is another model built by Steyr that is often called an MP34 but is actually an MP30. This version has the safety on the front of the trigger guard and the stock is a completely different shape. The topcover on these has nothing but the sight. These were used by the Austrian Army and perhaps some police units.

Hope that helps a bit.

Frank

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that helps alot. i must have mismatched parts. one of my top covers must be the MP30 because it has no safty at all it also has a spring like peice on the inside that hits the 34 bolt and wont let it cycle. i only have 1 bolt. the MP30 bolt must be notched. but neither of my trigger guards has a safty. one of my trigger guards has the Steyr logo and a Waffenampt. one of my front sections has a partilly defaced mark that looks like a bug with a "37" next to it. so only the Portugese had "T" and "S"? anyone know the what the words are for the "T" "S" "C" and "A" ?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The MP30 bolt has a groove that runs front to back, the MP34 has 2 grooves that run across the bolt, one front one rear, and the S1-100 bolts have no grooves. The spring loaded deal on the mp30 topcover helps prevent the topcover release from being accidently hit and opened when running. The MP34 has a button that must be pushed before the topcover release will operate. I can't remember what the inside of the S1-100 topcover looks like....
Hope that helps
Frank

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I believe its the same in german as french and english.

Feuer and Sicher/
feu sur/
fire & safe

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one of them has "C" for semi and "A" for full auto the other has "T" for semi and "S" for full auto. there is no safty on these
there sure are alot of variations on these guns. i must have the S-1-100 bolt then as it has no grooves on top.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
cargamento del uno mismo, for self loading, automatico for full auto in spanish on he "chilean" gun. On the portugese gun I'm not sure. I never had much exposure to portugese. I'm not sure where to even start to guess on it....

Frank

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone have a pic of a MP-30 they can post. i cant seem to find any pictures. i would like to see the differences between the 30 and 34

1 - 8 of 8 Posts