Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, a little more, but not much. Also got two books "Kunst Dem Volk". My daughter picked them up for me. She'll be up next week with them.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Did you ask how they came to have it? Were they family?

I assume you asked if they had the actual Cross?

Is it crumpled a bit? It looks like it has a bit of foxing on it...I would consider finding an expert, and getting it conserved....

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Edmund Wagner!! A famous Nazi ace with over 50 kills. If that's his award for sure then...WOW! Can anyone,with the internet search skills I don't have, identity the signatures on the award? If the cross exists and a picture album or Luftwaffe photos, family connection? Jeezzz Louise that's lost history there!! Congratulations and I hope it's real. Give your daughter a huge hug for all of us fighter pilot fans!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't used this new format, so I don't seem to be able to answer each individual question. The Hitler signature is not autopen. Everything seems correct, vis-a-vis the eagle, printing, etc. The aging does not appear artificial. My daughter coulnot find the "Frieda Thiersch" gold embossed cartouche, but the gilt could have worn away. I'll know more when I have it in hand.

I have not been able to find any reference of anyone else owning it or his cross. My daughter has it right now, as she picked it up for me. It was in an ad for a moving sale in Florida near her. The lady that had it said it belonged to her father, along with two magazines "Kunst Dem Volk". She really did not know much about them. She told my daughter that, there is a medal "somewhere", and she is going to look for it. No guarantee it is the cross. I can only assume her father liberated it during the war. More to surely follow.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I've got a good feeling about this one. After luck, time, and due diligence, and some more luck, a timeline and Wagner's history and service could evolve into a nice bit of historical information. A nice article, a book, a movie? I've always thought that sooner or later the time would be right for showing the courage and dedication of the Lutwaffe aces. Maybe it's been done and I missed it. Good luck on your research!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guy is on the board here, message him. I have no interest in the document, I don't want it trolled for a sale here and its on 2 forums and at least one Facebook room. There has been no question asked, its being flashed. Cant hide the guy sitting in plain site.
I'll make it clear: I did not post it trolling for a sale. I was just sharing it, as it was a good find. If I eventually decide to sell it it will be posted as such in the proper venue, not on this forum. Sure wasn't trying to muck up the waters on the forum. Yes it is also posted on other forums and on FB as a find. I am excited to have found it. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'll make it clear: I did not post it trolling for a sale. I was just sharing it, as it was a good find. If I eventually decide to sell it it will be posted as such in the proper venue, not on this forum. Sure wasn't trying to muck up the waters on the forum. Yes it is also posted on other forums and on FB as a find. I am excited to have found it. End of story.

It sure is a find, I was hoping to see the additional photos, just to see what it all looks like....this could be one of those once in a lifetime things...

And of course would love to know if it is indeed real, and more....I'd love to know the story of it getting to a moving sale in Florida...although we'll probably never know!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It sure is a find, I was hoping to see the additional photos, just to see what it all looks like....this could be one of those once in a lifetime things...

And of course would love to know if it is indeed real, and more....I'd love to know the story of it getting to a moving sale in Florida...although we'll probably never know!
Right now I am in the hospital being evaluated for a possible stroke this afternoon, so I am done for the evening. Got enough s... to worry and be upset about. I thought the idea of the forum was to share and discuss German militaria. Jeez La Wheeze

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Right now I am in the hospital being evaluated for a possible stroke this afternoon, so I am done for the evening. Got enough s... to worry and be upset about. I thought the idea of the forum was to share and discuss German militaria. Jeez La Wheeze

Wow, hope it all works out for you, get better...prayers out for you.

I sure liked seeing it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.