Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mossberg 151m-b that has a one piece stock instead of a two piece stock. What is the difference or which is older? Do I have a odd one or what? It also has the carry strap with the quick twist disconnects. It is a full stock measuring 29" from the butt. Any help? Jay:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just got one of these rifles in from arizona last week.it also has a 29 inch single piece stock.probably later models.go to damguy-mossberg site,it shows pictures and a lot of info on these old rifles.sorry, i really didn't answer your questions.ross solddaboat????

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lots of the 151M models have the front piece removed.

The "M" in 151M means that it originally had the Manlicher two piece stock..

If your's does not have the front stock piece and metal band between the two, then they have been removed sometime in the past 50 years. Your 151M-B or (b) was made sometime between 1948 and 1954...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the stock appears to be the same length as the two piece with the metal separator. How can I tell if all or just part of the original sights are missing? I am not really fond of the scope. It appears to be too far away for me. Jay

·
Registered
226 Posts
Everything you ever wanted to know about Mossberg's

Try this site for all Mossberg rimfire information and more.

Mossberg Firearms Information Unoffical Site
http://home.epix.net/~damguy/

·
Registered
27 Posts
the stock appears to be the same length as the two piece with the metal separator. How can I tell if all or just part of the original sights are missing? I am not really fond of the scope. It appears to be too far away for me. Jay
If the scope is too far away ,you just loosen the rings and slide it to the rear to suit you, quick fix.--JMJ--

1 - 7 of 7 Posts