Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does the 151k come with sling swivels from the factory? I mean are they even drilled for the sling swivels? I've seen a few pictures of them and they don't even look like the stocks are drilled for swivels. Is this something you do yourself? I know the swivels are the same for the 151M, Ma, Mb & Mc models and probably a bunch of other ones as well.

Thanks.

Mark T.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
My first 22 cal found abandon in a graveyard 151 mossburg. Cleaned rust, mold off ordered two mag's. Sights and I had the most accurate fast firing 22 a 6 grader could want.
Been looking at shows to find another.><> Dan
I don't know if I'm right but in those many pictures differences seen.
My have been an option. you need to research ads and special orders, options avaiable from factory. Just my thoughts ><> Dan

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
Bought one today..$160 tax and all...
has swivels on left side of walnut stock...fore arm black plastic...
.mint condition original finish...crown still blued newish!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think the 151K models came with swivels but were put on later. None of the parts diagrams I have show swivels. The 152 models had swivels on the left side. Two different part numbers as the front one was threaded for the fold down stock on the 152.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
Mines org..
and has not a screw turned!
rears gone?
seen them with two types of stocks snoble , vs fold down plastic or wood!
peep sights, two type barrel sights in general research...
not deeply done as of yet!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The wood fold down were early on 152s. After that they were plastic. Mossberg did do custom stuff but record keeping was not the full on deal. There were no serial numbers to match to. Any differences in models was usually noted by a model number change ie: 151M(a) - 151M(b). I also understand a lot of records were lost in a fire. The 152 were clip mag feed and the 151 were tube mag from the butt.
The 151M used a 1A ramp front, a S107 rear & a S-100 peep, The 151M(a) 1947-48 used the S-130 peep, 151M(b) the steel butt plate changed to plastic (1948-54) and the 151M(c) switched the rear sight to a S137 (1954-58). The 151K used a S180 front & S134 rear (1950-51). The 152K used a s133 front and a S134 rear (1950-57). The 152 used a s-109 front & a S-108 peep (1948-57). Hope that helps your research.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
My childhood first 22 ...this better than the first one I owned...(not wood for end)!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Crown blue is image.jpg newish! image.jpg
image.jpg $160 tax all...<>< dan

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
Love rear sight...buckhorn with a very thin crosshair across like a scope cross hair....!
that will level on front sight for fine shot placement...
may try to photograph...I’m not seeing so good through I pad, and lighting...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice. Looks like you just need a rear sling swivel which are common at gun shows - at least up here. Oh and maybe a shell deflector if you are going to be shooting with someone beside you on the right. Most are missing as they get taken off to clear jams.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,741 Posts
HEAD 2 ...
It’s a swivel..of a just a little different configuration....style.
i can get by with an off mark replacement ..in basement.

here in Wva parts are not seen in bens at shows anymore...like old days...
AR, AK... parts builds sale...military..

i was just hoping some one had a parts gun, beater...and another clip!...thanks<>< dan

ps...my old beater....never jammed ..
more than .10 years I didn’t know it didn’t have an extractor !<>< dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts