Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good experience with the Mossberg 146Ba? What does the (a) stand for after the B???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Info on the Moss 146B...

Good Day, jjfylstra:

Well, you didn't say if you had one, so I suspect you are contemplating buying one? Everyone needs just one (more) Mossie....:D

Information from Damguy's website ( http://home.epix.net/~damguy/models.htm )shows the 146 series to be a post-WWII following on the Model 46B.

Specifically, the 146B (a) has changed the rear sight to a S137 rear sight, as the Model 146B has a S107 rear sight. Also, the under barrel ammo tube is full length. The tubular magazine holds 20(lr), 23(l), 30(s).), 30(s).

I have three of the Model 46B rifles, though mfd post-WWII. They are excellent shooting rifles, solid as a rock. Hefting one of these rifles is truly unbelievable, they feel like a solid heavy centerfire rifle. Shoulders well, and since I sand-bag my rifle at the range, I get some great groups at 50 yards for iron sights. It has digested everything so far, and shows a preference for Win Dyna-Point and the CCI Std Vel.

HTH, let us know what you are planning, please.

Y'All take care! Hope it's a great Summer for ya!

Cheers!! funday-plinker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts