Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up today because it was cheap. It has pitting which you can see . It was imported by CAI in Ga. Anyone ever seen this ?? I bought it as fake but who knows anymore . I would assume the Mossad wouldn't label their guns . Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
yeah, there is no doubt that is a fake or a fantasy piece. someone with a engraving machine and a LAQUER-STIK went to town on that

gov't agencies ie. CIA, MOSSAD, ETC... don't sell their firearms on the open market and especially not to importers. and there wouldn't be a serial number stamped on it.........so I've been told ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree that it is a fantasy piece. In that vein how it could make it here? Mossad agent killed by someone and gun ends up in large group that ends up getting imported. That being said they wouldn't mark their guns that obviously because if that were to happen on something clandestine and boom it's a big finger pointing at Israel.

·
Registered
214 Posts
@SfcRet is way off the mark when saying it is a fantasy piece made by some Bubba with an engraving machine.

These were not used by the Mossad. But they were sold to Israel by Tanfoglio, and some of those may have been used by regular agencies or police forces.

They are being imported second hand from the same Israeli stocks that the latest Israeli police hi-powers and CZ-75s come from.

The Mossad Tanfoglio is a well known model and came from the factory with these markings.

Tanfoglio provided clones before CZ had a contract with Israel.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the white paint,[WD-40 makes it gone] for those with poor eyesight !!! I forgot to say, It's not double action , but like a 1911, you cock the hammer to fire.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,471 Posts
I believe they were for an Israeli private shooting club...no connection with "THE" Mossad.

Reactions: SfcRet and eli

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a CZ 75 years ago and every Taglifolio I had was double action. Anyone ever hear of these being single action also ?? I don't care, just curious . By the way, I had a Colt 1905 that I took the slide off and had "United Airlines" inscribed by the local trophy shop. [Back when they were $100 or less]. At a show, the buyers couldn't keep their hands off of it. Wish I had kept it.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Perfectly good guns in their own respect. These are known Israeli imports. Mossad is more of a trade name there than indication of official use. It’s like that new line of ammo I’ve seen here… “American Sniper” 🤨
Btw, Israeli PD did mark some of their official sidearms… just need to know what to look for.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Any comments on the single action vs double ??

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Yup… some were either modified to be single action only. This is also common with their Jericho’s. Not sure if it’s tied to sport shooting modalities or an Israeli carry doctrine TBH (e.g. condition 1, etc)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Not a fantasy piece at all but marketing by Tanfoglio. Made for the Israel civilian market and most I’ve seen will have a stamp that indicates they were in a civilian marksmanship program. Generally in great shape since not carried but stored and used at a pistol range.

I have a full size and a semi compact model from the early 90’s. Contacted Tanfoglio and they gave me the years of production based on the serial numbers. Here is a pic of my semi-compact.
Wood Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Looking good! Is that chrome-lined or stainless?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Could you PM me with the serial number list ? Thanks
They did not supply a list just gave me a year based off of the serial number.

Tanfoglio MOSSAD (full size) serial # AB11xxx produced in 1993

Tanfoglio MS MOSSAD (semi compact) serial # AB15xxx produced in 1995

If you go to the Tanfoglio web sight and email them your serial number they email you back in about a week with the year of manufacture.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Looking good! Is that chrome-lined or stainless?
All stainless steel construction, barrel not chrome lined. Beautiful gun and well maintained.

I have a dozen used Israeli hand guns and all are in excellent mechanical shape. Israelis really know how to maintain their weapons. While cosmetically most show wear from being carried in a harsh environment, my 2 Tanfoglio MOSSAD’s were range guns and kept cosmetically very good to excellent.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, my serial number is an AB107XX so earlier than 1993. Just curious !

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
They must have been selling well since they started producing in stainless.

But on the other hand Israel had no problem buying quality handguns at this time. Along with the Tanfoglio’s I have Israeli police trade ins manufactured from 1991 to 1995 of: FN Hi Power, CZ75, and CZ75 SC MASSADA. All my police marked Jericho’s are from 2000-2010.

Don’t know if the Kareen 35 Hi Power or the BUL’s were ever police issue. Have yet to see one with a police marking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
These show up for sale occasionally on mosin crate website. I think they are produced as a tribute to mossad, and yes, I've "heard" police in isreal have used them to some extent. They are pretty cool pieces I think...interesting.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Israeli handgun protocol for years was to carry handguns with empty chamber + racking the slide as part of the draw to load chamber + cock pistol - like some U.S. agencies had issue pistols modified for double action only possibly Israel did the opposite -

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
All stainless steel construction, barrel not chrome lined. Beautiful gun and well maintained.

I have a dozen used Israeli hand guns and all are in excellent mechanical shape. Israelis really know how to maintain their weapons. While cosmetically most show wear from being carried in a harsh environment, my 2 Tanfoglio MOSSAD’s were range guns and kept cosmetically very good to excellent.
Gorgeous pistol, and perhaps my favorite design. I may need to keep my eyes open for one like it. I assume it takes Tanfoglio small frame mags, like the Jericho? Unfortunately, I can't say I have a dozen, but I have a few of the Israeli pistols, going back to a BHP MKIII (IIRC) that came an with inside the pants leather holster, from Aim Surplus some 20 years ago, some CZ 75s, Jericho 941F, a Beretta 71, and used to have a 7.62 K98, with waffenampts and a star of David, and a FALO kit built on an an Imbel receiver. None of the ones I received were in such pristine condition, the Beretta being the best, but I suspect they were all issued and not shooting club or civilian guns.

I remember "a few years ago," before I was old enough to buy them, and knowing only what I absorbed from articles in various magazines, memorizing the pages of the Shooting Bibles, and drooling over, amongst other things, a Tanfoglio TA-90 Baby, similar to that used by James Woods in Against All Odds, a CZ 75 ("Pre-B" of course), a Bernadelli P-018, and a Llama Model 82.

Thanks for posting!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts