Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an exhibit in the Korean War area at the Army Medical Department Museum at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. I believe it is an allied propaganda airdrop leaflet. I thought it was interesting and of interest to Mosin collectors.
D.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Nice leaflet.
Not just Mosins, but just about any bolt action military rifle ever made was used by the Chinese. Must've been a real headache for their supply services.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What does that one say ? Is the soldier wrestling with the famous "sticky bolt" in panel 4 ?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Here's another.
1. A gift from your Uncle Joe to the People's Republic! Take it and copy it comrade. Make many Mosins of your own.

2. Take this to help our comrades in Korea!

3. Dang long walk to Korea and I am just a simple farmer conscripted into the "People's Army".

4. Dang bolt sticks like rice on the bottom of a burned pot.

5. Kicks like a mule, too!

6. I think I would rather surrender to the Imperialist Yellow Dogs than shoot this rifle!

(Note--this is not a direct translation--just what the pictures suggest to me.)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Here's another.
Thanks for that one, I was hoping it would come up. I know I filed it away last time I saw it but can never find it when I need it. I keep forgetting to take it with me on China trips so someone there could give me a translation... Would love to know what the words are.

Edit to add: My guess is Shy's not too far off. Except frame 3 is probably something about being heavy in addition to the long walk.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Here are some seldom seen WW2 ones.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Those are really cool, where did you find them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts