Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct way to sling a Mosin Nagant? Does the the sewn single loop end go on the front and the other end with the kepper go to the back? Or vise-versa?
I've seen them slung both ways.

Sgt LaBelle

"March or Die"

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
The sewn end at the front and the adjustable part to the rear.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be thruthful I've allways slung up front.
Sgt LaBelle
"March or Die"

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK, since we're talking Mosin-Nagant slings, most of the MN slings I've seen recently were canvas or some sort of weaved fiber. That said, several years ago, I ordered several (can't remember how many, maybe 10 or more) what were advertised Mosin-Nagant slings from TAPCO. When they arrived, they were all leather slings.

Any idea of country of origin?? Someone told me that they thought they might be Finn in origin? Any thoughts?

Chuck

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Need a more detailed description or better yet a pic.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have a few pearly-white Mosin Nagant parade slings for 91/30's. All are Soviet marked and dated...postwar, but are nice. Even the sling straps are white with chromed buckles, all of it is some kind of synthetic--naugahide-ski.
You know, as far as the correct way to sling the rifles, I think it's anything goes--looking at photos of Sovietski soldat in the GPW, you'll see any and all variations of slings and sling placement.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
I have a few pearly-white Mosin Nagant parade slings for 91/30's. All are Soviet marked and dated...postwar, but are nice. Even the sling straps are white with chromed buckles, all of it is some kind of synthetic--naugahide-ski.
You know, as far as the correct way to sling the rifles, I think it's anything goes--looking at photos of Sovietski soldat in the GPW, you'll see any and all variations of slings and sling placement.
But the manuals and training posters show the running loop in the rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts