Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
918 Posts
All grades of Century's M44s are showing "coming soon". Somewhere I heard that they have a whole new shipment of them coming in. I bet we'll see them shortly.

The really good news about that would be if this batch was from another facility or otherwise exhibited different rebuild features.

· Registered
918 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
36,347 Posts
So every adult male in the USA has bought his Mosin Nagant and there aren't any left?

BTW my first purchasee from Century was a box of Soviet MNs, 91/30 and M44. Got tired of them, concentrated on Finns and Turks. Then got tired of the clutter, tried to sell them, finally got rid of them at a gun show by sticking them in a barrel with $35 price tags on them.

· Registered
70 Posts
nagant shortage

i just sold two of the three i had to gunshop he had a poorly modified 91/30 on his shelf that he had just sold when i was there so thats at least four in the northeast kingdom of vermont without even searching
vtsarge.

· Registered
70 Posts
If you ever want to be entertained with sky-is-falling industry "news" like a mosin nagant shortage, check out classic arms. The guy there sells really nice stuff (in my experience at least), but he hocks it like a used car salesman. Right now he has a post about how the supply of Mosin-Nagants have completely dried up without any new ones on the horizon; buy em' now or you'll never get one! hehe
hey bkd1986 if new england scares you stay out of vermont

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I heard from a reliable source that it is not. Maybe he can chime in?
There's a thread on this way back a few months on the AK forum. There are even more "Reliable Sources" over there who can fill you in, if you have doubts. This whole business caused a tempest in a teapot over the summer.:rolleyes: Cugir is up an running, last they were able to tell.

· Registered
918 Posts
There's a thread on this way back a few months on the AK forum. There are even more "Reliable Sources" over there who can fill you in, if you have doubts. This whole business caused a tempest in a teapot over the summer.:rolleyes: Cugir is up an running, last they were able to tell.
Have a look at the Romanian TT group buy thread. A certain gentleman commented on the status of Cugir plant, and I do not question the accuracy of his information. ;)

· Gold Bullet Member
148 Posts
gaweidert,
I have got to get out there one of these days.I assume that's the place on the way to Syracuse.
Got me a ZKM 468 the other day.Nice little gun,looks like a lot of fun.
Are you going to the gun show in Cheektowaga next weekend?

greyhair

· Registered
669 Posts
Actually I believe it was more than twice that many

Plus production from France, the US, Poland, Romania, Hungary, China.........

If I remember correctly the built over 13,000,000 of just the 91/30
I remember reading like 37,000,000 somewhere (overall)

· Registered
1,537 Posts
bkd1986:

Are there really so many sitting around eastern Europe?
Just curious, as my first gun purchase was Oct '07, despite my middle-age.
If there are such large quantities over there, is it because they are patiently waiting for US firms to import more, because a much larger percentage of imports would lower the prices too much?

How about the x54R ammo? A seller on Gunbroker appears to have many cases of it-based on his recent photos. The Cyrillic lettering is clear.

Mini 14/30, SKS and two MN 44s.
Bravely keeping a small river protected from insurgent grapefruits.

· Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Oh, MNs may become a bit scarcer in years to come, at least the collectible ones. My dad says that back in the 70s the South American Mausers were so plentiful you could hardly give them away. They are available still but not as much as in the past. I'd say Mosins are far and away the cheapest milsurps on the market these days, and they may not be that way forever. Available, but in smaller quantities, and therefore, a bit pricier.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about the SoAm mausers.........

· Registered
50 Posts
I was in J&G yesterday and they have 6 91/30 hex, 2 round, and 4 M-44's. Plus there were a couple at Big 5 and apparently there is a 91 at a local pawn shop. So basically, if someone wants a MN, come to Prescott AZ lol.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.